Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday Favorites

Momfessionals

I decided to do a blog linkup today for my randoms posts.

 
1. Several people asked about the bacon penne pasta recipe and I think I have shared it before but not sure.  Maybe I meant to, but never did.  And I don't feel like taking the time to find it on here.
 
1 lb box of penne pasta
1 package of bacon
1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
 
Cook bacon but not super crispy.  We got the Bacon Wave for Christmas and we love how quick and  easy it is.  Cook the penne pasta per the box. Drain the pasta and add the cheese (don't throw it in a clump because it will all melt together).  Do this right away when the pasta is hot so it melts the cheese.  Stir and then add the heavy whipping cream and stir more.  Chop or break the bacon into bite size piece (doesn't need to be crumbled) then stir and eat.
 
We love this recipe however it isn't very good as leftovers.  The reheated cheese ends up greasy and dry.  We cook all the bacon the first night but only use half of it with half of the rest of the ingredients.  Then we do the second half the next night.  However my boys love this meal so much that we may not be able to split the recipe much longer.
 
I know my aunt and her family love this meal.  I would love to know what you think!
 
2. I had to make a quick trip for more heavy whipping cream on Wednesday and I saw these.  Kyle loves anything peanut butter and I love Reese's so I decided to get them.  OMG go get yourself some now.  They are amazing.  We have tried the peanut butter ones before but they are not the same.  So good!
 
Casen agrees!
 
3.  I love the way the boys love each other and they love me.  Casen doesn't love pictures and much as Cooper and I think Cooper was holding on a little too tight.
 
Man I love this boy.  After dinner Casen is normally stripped down to his diaper until bath time.  This week Cooper has wanted to strip down to his underwear hence the nakedness.
 
4. Yesterday I had to keep Casen entertained while I tried to function on little sleep and get ready. He kept himself occupied for a long time dumping my hair clips on the floor and then putting them back in the bowl.  It was so cute and it seems like something I did when I was little.

 
5. On the way to work yesterday I needed to get gas and since I was in a bad mood I decided to get some chips.  I saw these XXTRA Flamin Hot Cheetos and I was so excited.  I got those and the original ones and I plan to do a taste test with my sister and mom this weekend.  I can't wait!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol! I love hot Cheetos but I don't know if I can handle EXTRA hot! Haha

Renae said...

I'm a big fan of Oreo's and Reeses-I'm going to have to get out and try those!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity