Thursday, October 2, 2014

Prayers for tomorrow

 
I haven't blogged this week because I have been sick with what I thought was a sinus infection, but was actually strep.
 
 
Tomorrow is Casen's ABR (auditory brainstem response) test (read more here).  I thought it might get cancelled because he has been dealing with a runny nose for about a week. However I spoke to the doctor's office and said that we could still do the test.  I am not sure if I am happy or sad.  I am so ready to have this over with and have more information.  But I am also very scared of what they could tell us and of him going through the test sedated.
 
Then the anesthesiologist called this evening to talk about tomorrow and I nearly burst into tears on the phone.  She said, like with tubes, Casen would get a mask to fall asleep.  However because this is a longer procedure he would then need an IV and breathing tube.  It took everything in me not to cry at the words breathing tube.  That just sounds much riskier and serious.
 
Now I am a ball of nerves and so anxious.  I would really appreciate your prayers.
 
Specific prayer requests-
1. That they start his procedure as fast as possible with no delays.  Casen can't have anything to eat or drink before his procedure and that was the most difficult part of him getting tubes. We were delayed by a prior procedure and my poor boy just didn't understand why he couldn't have water.
2. That Casen handle the anesthesia well both going under and coming out of it.
3. That the audiologist gets accurate results whether positive or negative news.
4. To calm my nerves and anxiety before and during the procedure.
5. Pray for complete hearing of my sweet boy. My gut tells me they will confirm some hearing loss, but I still pray that he was just being stubborn during his prior tests and has perfect hearing.
6. If he does have hearing loss please pray that we determine what next steps are best for Casen.
 
We have to be at the hospital at 7:15am, but they don't give us an actual start time.  Once the procedure starts it will last 45-60 minutes and then we will see him in recovery.  My friend Jen is going with me to help wrangle and distract our busy boy before the procedure.  I have already warned her that I will be an emotional mess.
 
Thank you all in advance for your prayers.

3 comments:

Maria said...

You have my prayers and especially those you specifically requested. Lots of love and hugs to you.

katie@tulsadetails said...

Definite prayers for you and your sweet boy!!!

Jennifer said...

Will definitely be praying!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity