I am going to do a quick recap of the last week.
Last Monday night I was supposed to head to Houston for Training but I spent a lot of time like this due to my flight being delayed. After finally getting on the plane and waiting an hour and a half the flight was cancelled. I got home at 11 that night spent an hour trying to reschedule things and went to bed at midnight. At 3:30am I got up and headed to Houston to get there for my training.
I am still doing my ab challenge and the other girls suggested I spend my time in the airport doing these exercises! Ha! It didn't happen
What I didn't realize was the extreme flooding going on in Houston. Instead of it taking 3.5 hours it took 5 and I had quite a few detours due to high water.
At some point the reflective plastic or whatever that my side mirror is made out of just popped off. There is no sign of me hitting anything so I have no clue what happened. And you don't realize how much you need that mirror until it is gone!
There were people all over Houston because all schools and a lot of businesses were closed. That was a park.
You can see in the distance of this picture that a 3 lane road (or 6?) is going straight into the water.
I finally made it to find out that my training was cancelled which is good because I would have been an hour late. I checked into my hotel. Checked in with family and work and logged on to my computer. I went out to lunch and checked out the gym. I actually worked out Tuesday and Wednesday night!
I took this selfie in my new Walmart workout clothes before heading to the gym.
While at the gym I ran into a coworker and ended up going to dinner with a group. We ate at an Italian place that wasn't very good and then we went for dessert. It wasn't my type of dessert (no chocolate). This is a milk tea with rainbow jelly. It was coconut and it was yummy but it was weird drinking from a giant straw and getting little squares of firm jello in your mouth. It was a weird texture thing.
Wednesday was full of training and then afterwards we had Mexican and margaritas. I took this selfie so I could send it to Cooper.
Then someone made a joke about needing a selfie stick and I just happened to have mine in my purse (it hasn't been used since our trip to Austin in January). We pulled it out and took a group selfie. The two on the end were embarrassed.
Thursday was a full day of training and I was ready to be home. We got out at 4 and I hit the road. It took me two hours to get out of Houston just because of traffic. While driving I looked in the sky and saw two lines of clouds that formed a cross. Can you see it just below and to the right of the sun. It is hard to see but I thought it was very cool.
Friday I took the day off to get ready for Casen's party which included a trip to Lowes.
That evening we went for a ride in the neighborhood
And you can't really see here but Cooper got way ahead and when he stopped he stood on the seat and did the funniest dance. It was hilarious.
Saturday was the party and it was wonderful. I took pictures but they are on my nice camera. After everyone left this boy got an early bath because he had sand everywhere. He still wanted to wear his construction hat and I thought of the Village People :)
Then he played with the birthday candles.
And did really good blowing them out.
Sunday I went to church really early and then Kyle, Casen and I headed to Ennis (Cooper was at my parents already). Due to the insane amount of rain we got in May the area had a threat of flooding. Where my dad leases land and raises cattle was under a major threat so the guys helped my dad move all of his equipment to my parents house on higher ground. The guys had a busy day but they got it all done. Us girls wrangled wild kids.
Sure enough Monday morning the water was coming over the levee and flooding the fields.
This was it yesterday afternoon.
The water is still coming over but it is slower than we expected. We continue to pray that it slows down and doesn't devastate the area like it did in 1990. In 1990 my family lived down here and our two story home was flooded. Luckily no one lives in this area now, it is just farm land. We are planning to go with my dad tonight to see it.
Yesterday also marked 8 years since we lost my Meme, mom's mom. I miss her so much. She was the glue that held us all together. Luckily she did such a good job that we remain very close, but it has never been the same. She would just love all of the grandkids and great-grandkids. I like to think she is very proud of us all.
Tomorrow Casen turns 2! I can't believe it because he still seems like my baby. I am planning to share pictures from the party on Thursday. I am putting that on here in hopes to actually follow through.


























1 comment:
Too bad I didn't know you were in Houston, we could have met in real life! And wasn't that flooding crazy!
Post a Comment