I promise not to do a post each day for 8 days, but day 1 deserves a recap.
I signed (actually Melisa did) Cooper up for swim lessons with MacKenzie and their friend Vincent. Since Melisa is off for the summer she offered to take the bigs to swim lessons each day for us. Chelsey and I happily accepted. This is Cooper's first time with swim lessons so I wasn't sure what to expect.
The night before I tried to get him excited and he said 'I don't want to swim, I just want to float.' Then he told me he needed a surf board and I told him he had to learn to swim before he could have a surf board.
Melisa did a great job at taking pictures and giving Chelsey and I the play-by-play.
Cooper and Vincent were both shy and avoiding the water. Cooper said ahead of time that he did not want to go under water.
When I asked Cooper how swim lessons went he said 'I was just shy.' Mac talked for the boys since they wouldn't talk. Typical girl in our family :)
The teacher pulled Cooper out into the water and those he whined at first he got over it.
Mac has had swim lessons before so she did some swimming away from the beginniners. Cooper wanted to swim to Mac Mac :)
So he did some kicking!
And then if they all blew bubbles in the water they could go to the hot tub at the end of class. Cooper called it the hot spot.
They didn't grasp that swim lessons was more than one day and thought they were all done with them. But this morning Cooper agreed to let Aunt Lusa take him back. I am excited to see how day 2 goes.











1 comment:
Mia and I are in a mommy and me swim class but I can't WAIT to sign her up for lessons where it's just her and the instructor (probably next summer!)
Post a Comment