Friday night Kyle needed to mow so the boys and I played outside a little and then played with Casen's new present. He got this in the mail from Mrs. Jamie.
Saturday Grandaddy came over to help us level our lot so we spent a lot of time outside. The boys had their mud boots and sunscreen on and were ready to get after it.
This boy was so excited to be in the driver's seat.
Grandaddy let the boys help a little too.
The lot looks a lot better but unfortunately it was still wet and needs to dry out some more. I even put on some crummy clothes and helped gather up limbs from the piles. I also got bit by two fire ants!
Saturday afternoon we headed to the FW area and went by Academy. Casen and I were wearing our TCU gear to support our Horned Frogs.
Then we went to dinner with Kyle's family and from there the boys went to Mimi and Grandpa's to spend the night.
Then Kyle and I headed to the mall to do some shopping. Kyle got a new position at work that requires him to dress up in business casual. Before he wore jeans, t-shirt, sneakers, and a baseball hat! Quite a change, but he can pull it off. This pose was for me to send to my mom! Ha!
Sunday morning we headed to the Down and Dirty Mud Run
Tiffany and Jeff signed up too so it was fun
Nice and clean before the race
And then after!!! They made sure it ended with a mud pit! The mud was everywhere. I can't believe how muddy we ended up getting.
Here is an action shot of Tiffany and Kyle.
Our group shot
We had so much fun running with them. I am so glad that we made such great friends through Cooper
When I got done with my race I checked my phone and had missed some fun texts between my family. I had sent them the selfie Kyle and I took saying 'headed to the mud run'
So my mom sent this one as they headed to breakfast
Then Melisa and Trent headed to the beach
Then John and Angela headed to do laundry
Do I have the best family or what? I just love them all!
After the race we stopped for Whataburger. We were hoping to try the new Root Beer Shake but their shake machine was broken! Bummer!
We also got some fun pictures of the boys at the park.
Then they moved on to park #2
And even park #3!! The boys loved feeding the duck and Cooper said the ducks like goldfish too. I bet Mimi and Grandpa needed a nap after all of that fun.
We picked the boys up at 1 and then headed to Ennis for a yummy late lunch at my Granny and Papa's. We had the best ribs I have ever eaten (though I don't eat ribs often). The meat just fell right off the bone as you can tell by the picture. They were so good.
After lunch we played a game of Canasta. Granny and I won! Even with all of the table talk going on by the other team (Joan Johnson)
While I was there I got my goodies from Melisa. I told her I needed new nail polish because all of mine is super old (high school) and drying up. Melisa just picks up the cheap stuff from Dollar Tree so I told her to pick some out for me next time she went. Now I need to paint my toes!
We had a really fun weekend but were all exhausted by the end of it.































No comments:
Post a Comment