Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Dec 17-21

So on December 16th I started having bad pain in my back on the right side in the afternoon.  As the evening continued it got worse and worse.  I was in so much pain but Carenow had already closed and I really didn't want to go to the ER.  I convinced myself it would get better and took the Ibuprofen from postpartum.  That didn't help at all and by 9pm I was writhing in pain.  My mom offered to come stay the night in case Kyle needed to take me to the ER but I told her not to worry about it.  Well at 10:30 she felt so bad for me she came over anyway.  I tried taking some hydrocodone but it literally made me throw up :(  I actually don't know if it was the medicine or if I was throwing up from pain because it was so bad.

Finally at 4:30 I caved and said I had to go to the ER. My mom stayed with the boys but I took Chloe so I could nurse her. The ER wasn't busy and they took me straight back.  I was very tender to the touch on my back on the right side (my right kidney).  At 5:30 they took my blood and a urine sample.  Everything looked good when my labs came back so I figured that meant kidney stones and more tests.  But the PA actually said something was slightly elevated and I had a UTI.  Honestly I didn't think it sounded right but that is a lot easier to fix than kidney stones so I accepted it and we were discharged at 8:30.

Sweet girl hanging out in the ER with mommy (and I had a fever blister on my lip)


From there we went straight to Chloe's 2 week appointment. As soon as the doctor saw us he said something about us being sleep deprived.  I said actually she sleeps great.  Over the weekend she had slept 5 hours straight.  But then I quickly explained how we had just left the ER.  When I got in the car I looked in the mirror and understood why he said that. I looked ROUGH!

At Chloe's checkup she weighed 5lbs 12oz (0.69%) and was 18.3 inches long (0.35%). Still very little for her age but properly gaining weight.  She was still jaundice but he said it is called 'breastfed jaundice' and is common for little babies that are exclusively breastfed.  He wasn't worried about it.  Also he looked at the cord that was still attached and used a cauterize stick to help dry it out and close up. She did not like that at all.  


That evening Aunt Lusa, Uncle Trent, and Tracen came to visit. They were hesitant to come since we had a long day but I really appreciated it.  I was in pain and went and took a short nap while they were there. 

He LOVES baby Wo-Wee



December 18th

I just loves those chubby cheeks



That afternoon when the boys got home I asked Cooper again if he wanted to hold her.  Up until this point he would always nicely say 'no thanks I'm fine.' or something like that.  This time I said 'I'll take a picture and send it to Ms. Meister.' and he quickly agreed.  Oh my goodness! FINALLY!!!

Sweet Chloe was 2.5 weeks old but he finally held her!



December 19th


The next day Cooper actually asked to hold Chloe.  He kept saying 'she is so cute...she is just so cute...'



On December 20th Cooper had his class Christmas party. Back in October he asked if I was going to his Halloween party and I couldn't go.  I told him I would try to come to his Christmas party.  His response was 'yeah and you can bring Chloe all dressed up.'  With Chloe being so little I was tempted not to go and then I was dealing with all of my back pain and really didn't want to go.  But I wanted to be there for Cooper.

Proud brother holding his sister (I wasn't planning on getting her out of her car seat, but she started crying so I had no choice.)


Me and my boy. I am so glad I got to be there.

The kids made a jingle bell wreath ornament.  They ate yummy food like donuts, fruit, chicken minis, and hot chocolate since it was a morning party.  And then they played the saran wrap game.


Cooper was so patient and kind at the party.  He made me one proud momma.

Here he is with one of his best friends and former teammates, Tyler.


And me with Tyler's momma. She is the room mom and planned such a fun party.  Tyler and Cooper were in the same class last year and she was room mom also.  I love that we have become friends through our boys.


December 21st

Morning selfies


Chloe and I went to run to CVS. She screamed the whole way there.  Since she was screaming I took her out of her carrier and carried her through the store.  I put one thing in my cart and then realized she was screaming earlier because she had poop.  And it was her first blowout!  I left the cart and went to the restroom to find that there was no changing table....UMMMM WHAT?!?!  Is that even allowed?  So I took her out to the car and changed her blowout in my drive seat.  Then we went back in and finished our shopping.  When it was time to leave she started screaming again.  So I decided to nurse her in the back seat and this was my view and I crouched between the two seats.  This is how you do it when it is your 3rd child. Make it work!


And that evening Coop kept Chloe 'pacified' while I made dinner.  See what I did there :)


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity