Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Dec 26-28

On December 26th Chloe and I headed out bright and early to do some after Christmas shopping.  I always meet my mom and sister to get Christmas décor type stuff on sale.  We hit up Walmart and Melisa offered to take Chloe.  Good idea until I got this picture. Luckily no babies were injured by falling sale merchandise.


Afterwards we went to Target, Chickfila, and another Walmart.  Then it was back home in time for lunch.

Now since this day was the 26th I needed to get my kidney stone blasting done.  I called at 8, 10:20, 12:30, 3:30, and 5:30 trying to get an appt. First the scheduler wasn't in yet, then the dr was in surgery all morning and they needed to talk to him in the afternoon, then more excuses and I never got an appt. (story to be continued on the 27th)

Another after Christmas tradition is building gingerbread houses.  I always get them 50% off when I am shopping.


We got the house standing and then let the boys have their fun decorating.  It was so nice just giving them freedom this year and not stressing about it.









Chloe snuggles that evening


On the 27th Melisa and I took our kids to Urban Air to burn off some energy and cabin fever. We got to use Christmas presents (gift cards too!)

See our little trio of boys? Coop, Case, and Trace :)


Then we went to Whataburger for lunch and shared shakes


On the 27th I called the doctor again first thing and was still getting the run around.  I was tired of this, hurting, and very emotional.  So I called my OB and spoke to the nurse about what was going on.  They were so disappointed I was getting the run around and was still dealing with this. They called the urologist to help get things moved along.  Supposedly the urologist would call me soon and schedule the blasting procedure.  However 2 hours later while at Urban Air I still hadn't heard from them. So super sister (she's the mean one...kidding) called pretending to be me. They would give her the run around and she fired back telling them she wanted to talk to someone and not leave messages.  They said they would call me right back. 30 minutes no call so she was back on the phone. By the time we left Urban Air she had talked to probably 7 different people and FINALLY got my procedure time for the next day.  I was so relieved. My sister is awesome!

Seriously I had been so patient for 2 weeks following the rules and trying to get this done and it seemed like each time it backfired.  I am one to trust doctor's so when they say UTI I accept it.  When they say you can wait and do this outpatient and make it sound easy, I accept it.  When they say they will call me back (10 times) I accept it. I trust people to do their job. This time it just didn't work.  Melisa had to be very forceful (kinda bitchy) to finally get it done.  And I hate that but being nice wasn't working. 

That afternoon we all relaxed and Chloe and I took a nap. Losing her hair on top but gaining some cute chubby cheeks.



Pretty girl still sporting Christmas clothes because our Christmas wasn't over.



The next day we headed to Fort Worth for my blasting.  Aunt Lusa kept the boys and took them to play at open gym with her kids.  We were supposed to be there 3-4 hours and it ended up being 6 (of course!!!).  Luckily Aunt Jen Jen lives just down the road so I asked her to come hangout and help Kyle with Chloe.  I wanted to nurse her as much as possible before the procedure.  

I was able to nurse her once in the waiting room before I got called back and again about 15 minutes before starting my procedure.  I got this sweet pic from Aunt Jen Jen.  Kyle was so grateful to have help.  He is an awesome dad but the newborn stage makes him anxious.  Especially since our kids have always been breastfed so he can't just give them a bottle when they cry.


I did have 1 ounce of pumped milk in a bottle for them if they needed to hold her over (remember I thought it would only take 3-4 hours and I was going to nurse her somewhere in there so she wouldn't starve).  I gave her the bottle on the way home and she gulped it down.  That was officially Chloe's first bottle.


The procedure went smoothly they were just running behind schedule.  I didn't have the bruising like last time and didn't have any significant pain passing the pieces of kidney stone. However they placed a stint and that made things uncomfortable to pee.  And it would by 10 days before I could get that removed.

When we got home Aunt Lala and Uncle John had made it to Texas and came over to meet Chloe.  They left the girls with my parents since I was post-op.  I was so happy they got to meet her.  Plus they loved on her and I was able to take a little nap.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity