Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Here are my two little valentines.  Am I lucky, or what?

Casen is feeling fine and back to school today.  I can't believe he is already celebrating his first v-day!

Cooper would rather pick the dead skin off of his lip than look at me for a picture. Whatever!

Monday evening after I put Casen down for bed Cooper and I did some 'cafts' together.  He loved helping me push the button on the cricut for some valentine goodies for school. I LOVE this picture of my big boy!

He was having an absolute blast.  He kept giving me hugs and saying this is fun! (Please note that this was the day before 'the day from hell'.

My sister, Melisa kinda gave me this idea for Casen's class.  I bought banana and peach flavored yogurt blends.

Then put these hearts on them made from the cricut.



I let Cooper pick out his own valentine goody but I knew I didn't want it to be just plain candy.  When Kyle saw these and showed them to Cooper he was sold.  I bought some muddy buddies at Christmas and he loved them.

Then we put labels on them with three different sayings. Kyle'sCooper's pick was actually perfect because I had a cute saying that worked for boys or girls.



Then last night we put together goodies for the teachers.  We put a Target gift card along with candy into little valentines boxes/bags.


This was a great activity because Cooper got to count 10 hugs and 10 kisses for each container.  (Sidenote- While at Target I found gift cards with 'XOXO' on them and thought it would be perfect to put hugs and kisses candy in the containers with the gift card.  Well it wasn't until I got home that I realized I bought raspberry hugs! Yuck! Actually they weren't that bad, they just weren't what I meant to buy.)

While at home with Casen I made a batch of brownies and put icing on them.  Then I let Cooper add valentine sprinkles to them.  (Second side note- it wasn't until I got home that I realized I bought Whipped frosting instead of regular.  Not bad, but again not what I meant to buy. I was really trying to race through Target and I think it was evident when I got home.) I put them on a $1.99 plate from Target. I thought it was festive and in case I don't get it back it isn't a huge loss. Plus it was plastic so I didn't have to worry about a plate getting broken.

The brownies were put in the teachers break room.

For Cooper's class party we took grapes because he loves grapes and we aren't allowed to take homemade items.
I have now decided that future holiday crafts should be food related.  Cooper and I are a much better team when we get to eat along the way.  Knowing you get a piece of candy or brownie at the end of it is great motivation.
I hope you all have a wonderful valentines day.  Kyle and I celebrated last weekend with a yummy brunch at Blue Mesa while my in-laws watched the boys.  But actually my parents are taking the boys for a slumber party on Saturday evening so we will get another date night. We are lucky to have such great parents!

3 comments:

joan/mom said...

Great job on the crafts!

Jennie said...

I love your valentines! those are so cute, and such a fun idea! Ill have to keep it in mind!

Hayley Chandler said...

I love your Valentines. They were simple yet clever at the same time!!! A winning combo in my book. You are making great memories with your boys. :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity