I was recently contacted about doing a product reveiew for a new product from Hormel. Honestly I was so excited because I have never been contacted to do a review. I was chosen because this product is being tested in the DFW area and I am a DFW blogger. After I agreed they sent me a box of their yummy snacks.
I told my family about doing this review and they all wanted to take part with me so I took it with me to my mom's house and we tried them out.
The product they sent me are the Hormel REV Meat Snack Mixes. They are an on-the-go snack that has between 8 and 12 grams of protein per serving.
There are 5 flavors available and I was given these three to try.
First up was Turkey Ranch. It has cracked pepper pita chips, ranch seasoned breadsticks, and smoked turkey. This one had a great flavor but we were all surprised by the turkey. It was like a crispy piece of turkey bacon. It wasn't soft like I expected.
Turkey Ranch was the overall favorite. Kyle said he would buy it in the store.
Next up was Spicy BBQ & Bacon which includes BBQ seasoned bagel chips, sourdough pretzels, and jalapeno bacon.
This picture is orangey looking but you can see all of the goodies. I really liked the pretzels in this one however, in general I don't like bbq flavored chips and things. It had a zesty kick at the end that was good. My family likes spicy things.
And the last one we tried was Pepperoni Pizza. It has cheese crackers and parmesan, tomato herb bagel chips, and pepperoni.
I loved this combo. This was probably my personal favorite. The pepperoni is soft in this one unlike the turkey. I let Cooper have some of this last night and he gobbled it down and then asked for more!
My sister's advice was that each of these tasted best when you just throw a handful in your mouth instead of trying each piece. I am one that likes to eat each thing seperate. I followed her suggestion and she was right. All three were good.
In addition to the three flavors we tried there is Pepperoni & Cheese and Honey Mustard Bacon.
If you are interested in trying these you have two options.
You can visit one of the Kroger locations at the bottom of my blog that are currently carrying these snack mixes.
And you can enter the giveaway below for a chance to win all three flavors that we tried.
Locations
6650 N Beach St, 76167
5330 S Cooper St, 76017
3001 Matlock Rd, 76063
7201 Boulevard 26, 76180
4017 14th St, 75074
2061 Rufe Snow Dr, 76248
2671 Little Elm Pkwy, 75068
1212 E Bethany Dr, 75002
12600 N Beach St, 76244
5021 Teasley Ln, 76210
1210 N Greenville Ave, 75002
3300 E Broad St, 76063
3939 Frankford Rd, 75287
2109 Harwood Rd, 76021
5190 Highway 78, 75048
7100 Independence Pkwy, 75025
9700 Coit Rd, 75025
313 E Pioneer Pkwy, 75051
515 S Macarthur Blvd, 75060
"In the spirit of full-disclosure, I’ve partnered with Hormel Foods as part of the HORMEL™ REV™ Meat Snack Mix Program. For my participation, I’ll receive product and merchandise, but no payment was given or expected for posting about the program, and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own.




5 comments:
I liked the Turkey Bacon & look forward to getting some!
How fun that you got to review a product!!! :) The pepperoni flavor sounds really good.
The turkey ranch sounds delicious!
The turkey & ranch looks so yummy!!!
The turkey & ranch looks so yummy!!!
Post a Comment