Thank you all for the encouraging comments yesterday. The good thing is that the good days definitely outweigh the bad. And even on the bad days my boys are completely worth it. I am beyond blessed to be a mommy to two amazing little boys.
Cooper had no accidents at school yesterday which is normal for him. He usually only has 1-2 accidents a week and that is poop.
So last night when he got home he got to watch an episode of MMC (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) since he had a good day. We don't do this every day that he doesn't have accidents but I wanted to reward him for a good day after the previous bad day. Of course he wanted to watch more than one episode but I told him that if he went poo poo on the potty he could watch a second episode. He did great all evening however he still hadn't gone poop and sometimes he waits until he is wearing a pull-up in bed. But right as we finished prayers he hopped up and said he needed to go potty.
He reminded me the entire walk there and as I sat him on the potty that he wanted to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I reminded him he needed to go poo poo and sure enough he did it! We celebrated, told daddy, and sat on the couch for an episode of MMC. And then we sent this pic to family!
I am not stupidnaive enough to think that we are on to something. We have done this many times before hoping that it will continue and it hasn't. But one day it will click and I do hope that yesterday was that day for Cooper.
Below is a picture of the beginning of our art work that I mentioned in yesterday's post. His hand is covering the blob he made and this was when I started letting him actually finger paint instead of make hearts. Like I said it didn't turn out and I had to throw it away, but whatever.
Casen has discovered the remote. I have lots of pictures of Cooper playing with the remote. This pic is weird because it was dark in my bedroom and this is just the flash on my phone.
Cooper got a singing card from Nana and Papa. It sings 'who let the dogs out' and Cooper loved it!! He had to take it with him in the car to the grocery store and we sang who let the dogs out the whole way there.
Cooper also got some Barney DVDs from Mimi and Grandpa for Valentine's. That dinosaur is just as annoying as I remember, but I do not remember his voice sounding like that. Kyle and I agreed that Barney's voice has definitely changed since we were younger.
I won a giveaway on a blog last week and got this cute personalized blanket. I couldn't decide which boy would get it so I decided just to put our last name on it. Then 2 days later I won another giveaway on her blog for cute monogrammed seersucker boys shorts. I decided to get them in Casen's size since my boys don't have the same initials and Cooper has gotten more personalized things than Casen. I can't wait to see him wear them this summer.
Since I started this blog I got a phone call from day-care that Casen had to be picked up because he was 'throwing up more than usual' because you know he is already a spit up baby. Well of course he hasn't thrown up since I got him. He is napping now and I am working on my laptop (but also finishing this blog).
Another fun day being a working mommy.










No comments:
Post a Comment