Thursday, March 27, 2014

ENT Check Up


Today Cooper had his 6 month check up with the ENT to check on his tubes.  We dropped Casen off at day-care on the way so I got some one on one time with Cooper.  This doesn't happen very often for Cooper and I.  Normally Kyle will take Cooper and I will take Casen if we are splitting up to run errands or something.

My boy wanted to wear his back pack and I swear he looks ready for kindergarten.

I wanted to take a picture of how big he looked and he wanted to turn and smile for me.

Ugh this boy has such a tight hold on my heart.

We stopped by the bathroom for a quick potty break.

Cooper climbed right up to the chair like it was no big deal.  The nurse asked him questions and he (male nurse) was very impressed with Cooper being so chill about being at the doctor.

Watching the nurse type notes on his laptop.

The doctor came in and he asked 'do you want to hold him in the chair, mom?' Cooper said he could do it and sure enough he did.  He sat perfectly still while the doctor checked his ears, nose, and mouth.  The doctor even listened to his lungs.  He asked Cooper to take a big breath and I don't think Cooper knew exactly what that meant, but once I showed him he did exactly that.

Once again the doctor said multiple times at how great he was and how he wished all of his patience were this easy.
Funny thing is we were told the same thing at his last checkup by a different doctor (his original doctor retired).

I am so proud of Cooper and plan to get him a surprise for doing so great tonight.

Plus he has a special treat tomorrow...Grandpa is picking him up early from day-care and he is spending the night with Mimi and Grandpa.

1 comment:

Hayley Chandler said...

How great that you got one-on-one time!!! If you don't mind my asking, who is his ENT? J has an appointment with Dr. Palmer at Cooks at the end of April to has his ears checked.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity