I looked at my phone this morning and these are the only two pictures I took in almost a week except for Casen crawling. Yep, we officially have a crawler and it is adorable He isn't zooming but he definitely does it when he wants something (dog toys).
Friday evening Kyle and I took the boys to an Italian place near our house. We had only been there once before and Kyle didn't like that they served bruschetta instead of regular bread. I convinced him to give it another shot. Since it was a Friday during Lent I couldn't have meat and it is easy to get meatless Italian food.
I ordered baked ziti and it was delicious. Both of the boys gobbled it down with me. Kyle tried it to and said he would come back and order my dish.
After dinner we attended mass and the beginning of the Stations of the Cross. We were actually going to attend SOTC, but the church bulletin said they followed 7:00 mass so we did that first. Well by the time SOTC started it was 7:40 and Cooper and Casen were done! Casen normally goes to bed by 7:30.
Saturday morning we enjoyed sleeping in and donuts. That afternoon I took Casen for his 9 month pictures while Cooper took a 3 hour nap!
Mimi and Grandpa came over for a visit Saturday evening. Cooper got to show Grandpa his new gun. And Casen got to show off his crawling skills.
Sunday we had an off day with the time change. But we got our grocery shopping done, but somehow laundry was somewhat neglected this weekend. We did 3 or 4 loads, but I guess it was random stuff because Kyle and I need to wash some of our stuff tonight.
Sunday afternoon we headed to Midlothian for a cookout at Melisa and Trent's house. We had such a good time! The weather was gorgeous, the food was yummy, and there were lots of laughs thanks to our toddlers.
I made these notes on my phone on the drive home so I wouldn't forget. I am just going to share it in list format.
- Trent made delicious venison burgers. I have never had a venison burger, but I will definitely eat them again. Makes me want a grill!
- Gorgeous weather. We all thought it was going to be cool outside but they have a nice backyard and we enjoyed it. (however the toddlers around the pool made Kyle and I both nervous)
- Lots of laughs thanks to two cute toddlers
- Casen showed everyone his crawling skills
- I weeded (is that a word? and is it an appropriate word?) their rock area. Let's say I pulled weeds. Now Kyle thinks I need to do the same at home.
- MacKenzie and Cooper took turns torturing Toby the cat. Luckily Toby is a sweetheart and good sport. (I don't like cats but he won me over)....No Melisa and Trent, I do not want him!
- The guys spent some time fixing things or talking about fixing things.
- Cooper and Mac fight like siblings and look like twins. They started fighting hard core over a little broom and it brought tears to my eyes to see them be so mean to each other. Of course they were over it within seconds...I however was not. LOL
- Both toddlers had successful poo poos on the potty.
- We celebrated with poop cake! Melisa already had brownies in the oven so she came up with a clever/crude name and they even got candles to blow out! It was too funny.
- You can tell how much Grandaddy loves his grand kids. Babi walked around the bricks of the fire pit with Mac like a balance beam. They did some ballet, gymnastics, and dances. Grandaddy thought it was dangerous until Mac said 'you do the hokey pokey with me?' to him in the sweetest softest voice. He didn't even hesitate and he went all out with the hokey pokey. There may or may not be a video that we have sworn not to share.
Okay so my simple list got wordy, but that isn't shocking with me, is it?






1 comment:
Sounds like an awesome weekend! Love the poo cake!
Post a Comment