Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Vacation Day 2

This is what I saw at 7:45 this morning.  We had stayed up late the night before so I was glad they slept in.  I got completely dressed and packed our bags for the day with swimsuits, snacks, sunscreen and more.
 
Cooper started out in the bed with my mom because it was against the wall on one side and we didn't have to worry about him falling out.  Well at some point he woke up confused and wanted in my bed.  Sure enough around 7 that morning he fell out of the bed but luckily just got back in and went back to sleep.
 
Casen slept awesome.  He let out a few fusses at one point but went back to sleep and slept in like his brother.
 
We went to the dining area for our continental breakfast.
 
Casen loves waffles so we shared this giant one shaped like Texas.
 
After breakfast we headed to a park that had a splash pad but weren't sure what to expect so I dressed them in regular clothes. And of course look who thought they needed to be in the stroller!
 
 
So I carried Casen and pushed the stroller! Fun!
 
We got to the splash pad and there was only one other little girl.  Casen wanted in sooo bad.  So we trekked back to the car and I changed Casen.  Cooper was hesitant and DID NOT want to change into his swimsuit.  As soon as we got back to the splash pad Casen nearly jumped out of my arms.  He loved it!!
 

 
Before long Cooper wanted to join in on the fun too. 

 
We played for about 45 minutes but Casen climbed up in the stroller himself so I figured he was done.  We went back to the car and I changed them back into dry clothes. I think I spent just as much time changing them as they did playing, but oh well.
 
 
After the splash pad I decided to drive around looking for another park that had a playground, train, and other things.  I wasn't planning on stopping, but I figured now would be a good time to scope things out for the afternoon and the next day.
 
 
I gave both boys a snack but I was hesitant to give Casen a fruit rope (like a fruit roll up) without me watching. Sure enough when I stopped he was covered in it and had even put it in his hair.  Oh well! He liked it.
 
We successfully found the park and I was excited to go back later in the day.  Then we went to CVS and picked up some drinks, snacks, and shave gel (I ran out at home before I left!).  When we were walking out we saw a car back into another car as they were both pulling out of their parking spaces at the same time.  It was very weird because one of the drivers was a young girl and as soon as she got out of her car she hugged the hopped over to the other woman and hugged her acting all goofy.  They quickly decided there wasn't any damage and left but not before the goofy girl gave another awkward hug.  The whole thing was odd and very casual.
 
After that adventure we drove the Burger King to get some lunch because I didn't feel like looking for better options and we went back to the hotel.  When I got back to the hotel I had so much stuff that I ran and got the luggage cart to hold everything.  It was kinda pathetic looking but I didn't have many options.
 
We had a little picnic and watching some cartoons.
 
Then it was time for nap and some ussies!!  Poor Casen and his double chin.  Not his best angle.


 
This is where I discovered that Casen's 6th and 7th tooth popped through.
 
Casen is going through a hitting phase and poor big brother is usually his target.  We are working on it, but really we just have to discourage it and let the phase pass.


 
I put Casen in the pack n play and Cooper laid with me.  After about 30 minutes they were both asleep.  Soon after I was asleep too and we all slept for nearly 2 hours!
 
When we woke up I asked Cooper where we were going and he said 'The playground!! And we can find a train!!  I am going to be the engine! I am a sweet little engine'  It was so cute.
 
We made a stop at the playground but Cooper was so anxious for the train ride that he didn't play long.  Which was kind okay with me because I couldn't put Casen down on the ground because it was wood chips.  This is one of those times where I wish Casen was walking.  (there have been several times that I have felt that way this trip)
 
 

 
We had to make a trip to the car to put the stroller up get sunscreen, hats, and buy some water because the train was uncovered and supposed to last 25 minutes.
 
Cooper was super excited for the train but disappointed that he couldn't drive it.
 
Patiently waiting for it to start
 
The train was a lot of fun and we might do it again today.  We went under several bridges and even a cute tunnel with pretend fire sconces.  It was a simple ride but good entertainment.  The only thing is that I wish we had done it in the morning when it was cooler.
 
After the train ride we shared a yummy snow cone and then headed to pick up Babi from her meetings
 
 
This is the picture I took when the boys heard that Babi was headed to the car!
 
Once we had Babi we headed to my cousin, Trey's house to visit with him, his wife, Catherine, and their one-year old little boy, Matthew.  The boys had a fun time playing with Matthew's toys and we had a fun time visiting.
It was a long day for me.  I sweated more than I have in forever.  My clothes were drenched from our afternoon at the park.  But I really had a nice day and enjoyed the adventure with my boys.  There were times that it was stressful and tiring, but it also made me feel empowered that I was able to do so much on my own with the boys.
 
Today's Report Card-
Food- B-
3 yr old- A
1 yr old- A
 
Overall an A+
 
*the food was just burger king and pizza.  It wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special and delicious like Day 1.
** Cooper was pretty awesome today.  He was a trooper during the hot and tiring times.  And seeing his reaction to each adventure we did was so fun.  And I am tempted to give him an A+ because not one time did we have to use a public restroom!!!
*** Casen did awesome today as well.  I loved seeing him at the splash pad because he was fearless.  I love that he is so willing to try anything!  However he almost got an B because of 3 horrible poopie diapers : )
 
Today was a great day.  I am looking forward to Day 3 but I am also looking forward to the end of Day 3 when I am back at home with Kyle!!  I hope he misses us!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity