Day 3 didn't start as smoothly as Day 2. I didn't sleep well the night before and Casen woke up whiny.
Here we are enjoying breakfast again and Cooper kept watching these creepy little worms on the window. It was so funny watching him concentrate on those worms, but then before long I caught myself amazed by them as well.
I love this picture of Casen looking at Cooper.
We got back to the room and did some packing. Somewhere in there Casen flipped off of the bed on his head. I knew he was fine, but it still scared me and he cried quite a bit.
We decided to head back to the splash pad that morning. The park has very little parking and when we got there we had to wait for a spot. Cooper and I had the funniest conversation.
C-Where are we gonna park?
M- We have to wait for a spot because there aren't any.
C- I see a spot over there! Do you see it, Momma!!??
M- No, Cooper. I don't see any spots. (I then realized he was pointing to the handicap spots) Oh, we can't park there because those are for very special cars.
C- Hmm. Move cars so we can park!!....I know!!!! I can use my super strength to move the cars!!
Within 30 seconds someone is leaving
C- Yay a spot! That car is leaving! What a sweet little car!!
When we got to the splash pad Cooper didn't want to get into the water. He was intimidated by the number of people and was disappointed that he couldn't swim. So we sat and people watched for about 20 minutes before leaving. It was probably good that he didn't get wet so I didn't have to drag wet clothes home.
Casen fell asleep on the way to the splash pad and continued to sleep while we were there...I worried for a few seconds that it could have been because of his fall, but really he likes to take a late morning nap and he had been whiny earlier.
Cooper insisted on being carried while Casen was in the stroller and I realized I shouldn't have complained about Cooper in the stroller yesterday and carrying Casen.
On the way back to the hotel Cooper said he needed to tell Daddy that he didn't get to swim. As soon as we got to the room he picked up the phone and had a whole conversation with "Daddy."
We ate some leftover pizza for lunch and Cooper found a show he liked on PBS. This was good because he had requested several shows during our stay that come on Disney Jr but the hotel didn't have that channel.
I went around the room packing up because we had a late checkout of 1:00. I took a picture of the phone because both boys loved playing with it. The funny thing is that when we first got to the hotel Cooper said 'I need to call Mimi and Grandpa' which I think he remembers from when we went to Tyler's graduation.
Notice the cord around the base of the lamp? As soon as we got there and Cooper wanted to play with it, I unplugged it so we didn't have to worry about who they were calling. This was their favorite toy!
After we checked out I filled the car up with gas and decided to get a car wash. I figured it would be quick entertainment for the boys but Casen cried for the last 20 seconds of it and Cooper kept saying 'it's okay Casen. It is just the car wash to make it clean. It's not scary.' Cooper comforts Casen a lot and it is so sweet. He will try to tell him it is okay and then if that doesn't work he says 'Casen wants his mommy.'
Cooper said he tummy was sick and he was going to throw up and needed a towel. He says this sometimes ever since he had a tummy bug a couple of months ago.
We headed to the Thinkery (Austin Children's Museum) because a friend of mine mentioned that we could get in free with our Fort Worth Museum pass and it was good cool/indoor entertainment since we had to checkout of the hotel. Also my goal was to keep the boys from napping so they would sleep on the way home instead. I wasn't quick enough. I had to wake him up once we got inside because he was sacked out.
Cooper was hesitant at first which doesn't surprise me anymore. The museum was very busy and also very loud. Casen's first stop with the little infant area that was in the middle of the room for the bigger kids.
He loved the hammer and knew exactly what to do thanks to a toy from home and one at Mimi's.
Then he played with the magnetic blocks
This giant Lite Brite was his favorite (and mine too!)
We went from activity to activity pretty quickly in hopes that Cooper would find something worth getting out of the stroller for.
We headed upstairs and they had a market area, kitchen, and chicken coop. Cooper gathered and counted veggies and fruit, then cooked in the kitchen, and then put his stuff back. He didn't gather all of the stuff in the picture. Most of it was left from other kids. The girl in the picture works there and helps the kids. She was very sweet.
Casen loved this area also. However he kept trying to put this stuff in his mouth which made me want to gag!
While they played I helped sort the hundreds of fruit and veggies back into their crates. I was in heaven! Just ask my momma, I LOVE to sort!! There were two girls working in the area and there is no way they could keep up with all of the kids and the mess, but they tried.
I took this picture trying to capture Cooper cheering after pushing the elevator button. I wasn't fast enough but it was so sweet with his hands over his head saying 'yay I did it!'
Here we was threading a shoestring. He wasn't too great at it but he tried.
This time Cooper joined the fun with the giant Lite Brite
They had an area where they could build a plane and launch it. Cooper did it once and then they asked for helpers picking up all of the planes. Cooper was thrilled to help. He was the only one that helped (the kid in the background ran it picked up a plane and ran back out). He was so cute and so proud.
Then he launched a second plane that went really far and all the people around cheered for him and smiled with the biggest smile. Once again he was so proud of himself.
After this it was time to go pickup Babi from her meetings. We left Austin around 4:15 and met Grandaddy at DQ in Hillsboro for dinner. Grandaddy brought me my car so that I didn't have to detour as much. We made it home by 8:30 instead of probably after 10!
We got home and were so excited to see Daddy. I forgot to take any pictures. Casen was ready to stretch his legs and climb on everything he could find including the table and stairs. Cooper was excited to watch Paw Patrol on the DVR. He missed being able to choose what he watches on demand... and skipping commercials!
Report Card-
Food- D
3 yr old- A
1 yr old- A
*Leftovers and DQ. When I go on trips I like the eat at new places that I can't get back home. Day 2 and 3 consisted of fast food because I was on my own with the kids or we were in a hurry.
**Cooper slept almost the entire time in the car and was in a pretty good mood most of the day. No major meltdowns.
***Casen also did really good in the car and had a great time at the museum.
We had a wonderful trip. I was definitely glad to be home though. Day 3 was pretty exhausting.
Overall I had a great time on the trip. We made good memories and as I said yesterday I felt empowered by how I handled the boys on my own and had some fun adventures. I think the biggest challenge was Casen not walking yet so having to carry him alot. If we do this again next year I think it would be a lot easier with a 2 and 4 yr old.
I must say though I realized how capable I am by myself, I sure am glad I don't have to. I am glad that Kyle and I are a team and get to do most things together. I can't imagine being a single parent.
******
Thank you, Babi for letting us tag along to Austin. We had a great time and love you!





























1 comment:
What an awesome trip with your boys! It's nice that you came away with more confidence in yourself. I am often on my own with the kids and our work schedules are typically opposite. You're blessed to have Kyle's help!
Post a Comment