Our sweet girl turned 1 month old on January 1st.
Chloe wears
Size 1 diapers
Newborn Clothes
No shoes, just socks
We just put away your 3 preemie outfits
She weigh 6lbs 6.5oz and is 19in long
She loves nursing, her brothers, being held, and taking naps (typically newborn)
She HATES her car seat and poopie diapers. Chloe is one amazing girl but so often the car seat makes her poop and then she scream bloody murder until she gets changed. I have changed several diapers across my lap in the car in random parking lots (Kroger, gas station, Whataburger). I wish that was the only time she cried in her car seat but she cries often. There have been many times that I have to continue driving with her screaming. She is fed, has a clean diaper, and isn't hurt so I just have to keep going or we would never get anywhere. And let me tell you she can cry. Her brothers love her so much but they don't love riding with her.
She sleeps really well at night. Her bedtime varies because we don't have a bedtime routine yet but she typically sleeps 4-5.5 hours and then sleeps for 3 nurses and asleep for 2 or 3 again. So if she goes to sleep at 10 she nurses at 3 then sleeps until 5:30 and nurses again.
Chloe got her first bottle this month on the way home from my kidney stone blasting procedure. She did great!
She had her first blowout in the carseat on the way to CVS. I took her inside to change her poopie diaper not knowing the mess she made. Unfortunately I got to their restroom and they didn't have a changing table so I took her back out to the car and changed it in my front seat.
Nicknames- Baby Sister, Sistercito, Glowy Chloe, Clo Clo (said by Cooper)
She started having a pacifier in the hospital. They are the Tommee Tippee brand but we have the nuk brand which her brothers used so we might get her used to those soon too.
Chloe's hair looks like old man hair. A little cul-de-sac. Lots in the back but missing on top. I can't wait to see if she end up being blonde like Coop or a brunette.
She has big blue eyes right now.
Cooper and Casen just adore their baby sister. They ask to hold her daily. They say 'she is so cute' all of the time. I am so glad they love her as much now as they did when she was in my tummy.
Daddy is a little hesitant with having a girl but that is mostly just about changing diapers. And I get that because I remember feeling that way about cleaning boy parts. He thinks we have way too many bows and we probably do but nearly all of them were given to us.
I just love having a girl. I would have been so blessed with three boys but I am having a lot of fun doing all of the girly things with pink, ruffles, bows, and flowers.
Chloe had a rough first month with blood sugar and jaundice checks. But she also celebrated her first Christmas, New Years, was baptized, met so many family members.
She finally lost her umbilical cord at 3 weeks old but was left with a second scab/piece that would have to also fall off.
We are so blessed with this amazing little girl. The fun has just begun.
A few outtakes! Haha!



















No comments:
Post a Comment