Thursday, February 21, 2019

What I've Been Reading

It has been over a year since I did a post like this. Therefore I don't remember all of the details so instead of my review I am just going to list all of the books I listened to in 2018.  Because I only do audiobooks thanks to me long commute.

I have a subscription to Audible where I pay $16 a month for one credit (one book).  I also sometimes buy books when they are on sale or the daily deal that is usually $3-5. Additionally I listen to books for free through our public library. Unfortunately a lot of the books on my list are available as an e-book but not audiobook so I have to wait for them to get it or buy it through audible.  But each time I check the library before I buy a book on Audible.

So here are the free books I listened to in 2018-

These through the library-
  • Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
  • In A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
  • Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica
  • Don't You Cry by Mary Kubica
  • Hardcore Twenty-Four by Janet Evanovich
  • Y is for Yesterday by Sue Grafton - Sadly Sue Grafton died in 2018 before she wrote Z so the series just ended suddenly with no closure.  I have been reading this series since I was a teenager so I am so sad.
  • The Silent Wife by A S A Harrison
  • Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
  • The Address by Fiona Davis
  • Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham -disappointing
  • Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate- Great book but some really tough parts
  • The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead- Another good book with some heart wrenching parts
  • Lying Game by Ruth Ware
  • The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond- Kinda like stepford wives. Really good
  • The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks
  • The Baker's Secret by Stephen P Kiernan
  • Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis - So many people talked about this book and I thought it was okay. 
  • The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah- Another highly recommended book. It was good but I felt like it just kept going with more twists and turns.
Audible books-
  • Liar By K L Slater
  • Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
  • The Lies We Told by Diane Chamberlain
  • The Silent Child by Sarah A Denzil
  • China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
  • All the Little Children by Jo Furniss
  • The Safest Lies by Megan Miranda
  • The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain
  • Silent Lies by Kathryn Croft
  • Where'd You Go Bernadetter by Maria Simple
  • Inconceivable by Carolyn Savage and Sean Savage
  • The Children by Ann Leary
  • The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
  • Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks
  • Still Me by Jojo Moyes
  • The Secrets of Midwives by Sally Hepworth
  • You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott
  • Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan
  • Bringing up Boys by James C Dobson
  • If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins
  • The Perfect Girl by Gilly Macmillan
  • The Lion Witch and the Wardrobe (listened to this with the boys in the car and Cooper loved it)
  • The Second Mrs Hockaday by Susan Rivers
  • The Ruthless Gentleman by Louise Bay - Rated R - I fast forwarded through a lot of parts
  • My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan
  • Why I Hate Green Beans by Lincee Ray
  • Lie to Me by J T Ellison

Oh my goodness that is 42 books! Almost 4 books a month.  I am not sure if I feel accomplished or embarrassed by that many. I think it shows how much time I spend in the car.  Plus I have listened to books while on maternity leave while I am nursing Chloe and stuff.

My next post will be the books I have read in 2019 so far and hopefully I can actually give my thoughts on them.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Have you looked into Kindle Unlimited? Right now they are running a special where it is $.99 for 3 months access. After that it is only $9.99 a month. I'm trying it out to see if it is worth it.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity