Saturday, February 16, 2019

Weekend recap 2/8

On Friday afternoon I met Tyler and Katie with the boys for a slumber party. For Christmas Tyler and Katie gave them tickets to the Perot museum and a sleepover at their house.

Tyler and Katie have two heelers and Cooper enjoyed getting to know June bug. 



Kyle and I went to Tio Tony's for dinner with our 3rd wheel. We were all in bed early that night. 

I got this picture the next morning of them enjoying donuts before heading to the museum.


A slow Saturday morning


That afternoon we met to get the boys back.  They had so much fun with Tyler and Katie.  Cooper told me all about June bug, racing the dinosaurs, and eating pizza and donuts. I love the gift of experiences and memories so this was perfect. Plus we got a date night out of it!

Then we headed to Ennis for Czech Fest to represent the KJZT youth group.  The boys loved playing and running around.  And Chloe got lots of snuggles from her aunts and cousins. 

I love this picture of my gorgeous momma.


Grandaddy stopped by just to see his grandkids. Really.  He doesn't like these sorts of things but he was missing the kids.



Sunday Chloe and I went to church. She was restless and fussy the entire mass. I finally took her to the entry where I tried to get her to sleep but nothing worked.  I think she was afraid to miss something #FOMO  She was bright eyed and putting on a show when I walked to communion with her.  I could hear people commenting on our pretty girl.  

We brought home Rosa's for lunch but the boys don't love Mexican food so I made them mac and cheese and these chicken nuggets.  I saw someone share them on Instagram and they are pretty darn yummy. They were compared to chickfila nuggets. They have a little bit of a pickle taste and Jen compared it to eating a chickfila sandwich that has pickles on it. I thought I was crazy for thinking they smelled like pickles but she confirmed they do that on purpose.


David and Jen came over that afternoon to do hair. Jen did mine, Cooper, Casen, Melisa, Mac, Tinsley, and Tracen. I think she was worn out by the end of it.  We were all well overdue. 

Chloe was happy when everyone left and the house was quiet again. She laid here and played for quite a while. 

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity