Friday, March 4, 2011

100th Post!!!

Today is my 100th blog post!! In some ways I can't believe I already hit 100 but in other ways I am not surprised. Seriously I love to talk and this way everyone can remember what I say FOREVER : )

I love my blog but I also love reading other people's blogs. Some of them are for prayers and healing of their loved ones and others are just family journals much like mine. People I have never met have started reading my blog and getting to know me so I have decided to do an "about me" blog.

**warning this may be long because I am long winded**

*******************************

I am 26 years old and live in Fort Worth with my husband Kyle. I am originally from a small town about an hour and a half from where we currently live, but I came to Fort Worth to attend TCU. I was an Accounting and Finance major at TCU and then got my Masters of Accounting. I started to sit for my CPA exam, but put that on hold to start our family. I love being a Horned Frog and would love to have a child attend TCU one day. Though they better be smart and get scholarships because I can't imagine how much it will cost 18 years from now!!

Kyle is from a city not far from TCU, but we didn't meet at TCU. We met on myspace. Yes you heard right, myspace. Kyle and I had both recently joined and he was looking for friends (girls!) and he came across my profile. I decided on a whim to start talking to him and after about 2 weeks we went on our first date. As soon as I saw him I thought he was cuter than his picture and I LOVE his pickup truck!! We had a wonderful date that I didn't want to end. When I spoke to my sister that night on the phone I said "I will be perfectly happy if that is the last first date I go on" and it was. I knew very early on that Kyle was the one for me and I told him that. 4 months after dating in November 2006 we were engaged. We were married September 22, 2007.

We have two adorable dogs Ranger and Riley. Ranger is a Pomeranian that I bought in November 2005 before I knew Kyle. Ironically his birthday is September 22, 2005 just 2 years before my wedding day. Ranger was my first love and 2 years later I married the love of my life. I love that our anniversary is on Ranger's birthday though many people think it is really funny. I didn't do it on purpose!

In May 2009 we rescued our adorable Riley Rue. She is a very sweet Pomeranian/chihuahua mix. She likes a lot of attention and could play for hours if we let her. She is the typical pesky little sister to Ranger, but she is oh so sweet.

We love our dogs so much and if it was up to Kyle I think we would have a house full.

Our newest addition (that you have heard so much about) will be here around July 11, 2011. After trying to conceive for 10 months and 1 miscarriage we conceived Cooper Scott. We can't wait for our little guy to get here despite the fact that we have a lot to do before he gets here!!

Our families-

My parents still live in my home town where my mom is a teacher and my dad works for our church. My dad was a rancher when I was growing up and he still has cows and land that Kyle loves to work on. Kyle is a country boy at heart and loves spending time in my hometown getting dirty and working hard. I am very close with my parents and love them so much.

I am the middle child of 3 girls. I have an older sister Angela who currently lives overseas with her husband that is in the Air Force and her daughter Annelise. Annelise is 2 and is my only niece (for now). We love them and miss them so much. I can't wait for them to come back in a year or two.

Melisa is my younger sister who lives in the Fort Worth area and also went to TCU! She is married to Trent and they are expecting their first child and my second niece June 11, 2011 (if you do the math we are due exactly one month apart!). I can't wait to meet Mackenzie!!

Kyle's parents live about 20 minutes from us and it is great. His mother works for a bank and his dad works for the same company Kyle does. It is a large company so they don't work closely together, but they still get to see each other some. Kyle's family is very close with his grandparents and aunt's family living close by. They all go out to dinner almost every Saturday night and I love the tradition. We try to go as often as we can and I can't wait to start asking for a highchair at dinners! Cooper will be the first baby on that side of the family in 19 years!

Kyle is the oldest of 3 boys. Kevin recently got married to Jenni. They also live in the Fort Worth area.

Kyle's youngest brother Tyler is attending A&M right now. Tyler can't wait to be an uncle and we are excited he will be home this summer when Cooper arrives.


I hope this helps give a good summary of me, my life, and my family. I am sure I could think of a lot more things but for now I will stop there. I think this blog is long enough.

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity