Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weekend Recap

What a busy weekend!

Friday Kyle and I both took a half day. Kyle got started on his project of putting a lift on his truck with the help of Trent and David. I ran some errands and then went to dinner with my sister Melisa, Aunt Neva, and cousin Erica. Erica and Neva were in town looking at TCU so they got to come see our house for the first time and see the puppies. They had never met Riley before and it has been a while since they saw Ranger. The pups loved having visitors. Kyle didn't get done working on the truck until somewhere around 11-midnight. I am not completely sure because I fell asleep on the couch and he woke me up around 12:30 to go to bed.

Saturday I slept in while Kyle got up early to work on the truck again. I ran a lot more errands (seriously I had so many errands to do). Then I drove to Lewisville for my friend Jodi's housewarming party. The traffic sucked and I got lost, but I made it eventually. There house is so cute and I know they have put a lot of work into it already. It was also great to see my friend Oliver and Claire from college because they haven't seen me since being prego. I had a great time visiting with everyone.

Then I drove back to our house to get Kyle since his truck wasn't up and running yet. Once again the traffic was horrible so I got home just in time to take care of the dogs, load the car, and make Kyle jump in. We went back to NRH (which I had already driven past 2 that day) to spend the evening with his family. We had pizza and played games. It was fun hanging out with everyone and seeing Tyler and Ryan for the first time in 2 months.

Sunday I did a lot of stuff around the house, grocery shopped, and made a trip to BRU with Jen to order our nursery furniture. I really needed to go that day because my coupon was about to expire and I wanted to use it on the furniture. Kyle spent the whole day working on his truck again, but did get to take a break and eat dinner with me. Then he met up with a friend to do one final thing to his truck and he was DONE. He didn't get home until 10:40pm!!

Sunday was Riley's birthday so I tried to play with her and dote on her as much as possible. She and Ranger enjoyed extra treats to celebrate and she got to sleep on the bed with mommy and daddy. Best of all for the first time we let her out in the front yard without a leash and she did great. Riley loved going outside to check on her daddy and see how the truck was coming along. She stays where we can see her and comes back if we call her. She is too scared to go far. I love that she can be trusted without a leash. Now I need to work on Ranger being trusted in the front yard to just hangout but I have tried before and it didn't go well.

Kyle got the lift on the truck and I think he is happy with it. It took a lot of work, hours, and help of friends but it is done. I have yet to try to get up into the truck so that should be interesting. I already warned him that if it is too hard we will start driving the neon everywhere. I am excited for Kyle because he has been wanting this lift and he worked hard to get it, but man I really missed him this weekend.

I hope you all had a nice weekend!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity