Friday Kyle and I went to the mall after work. We had an awesome coupon for Old Navy so we found Kyle some things for vacation. I also finally remembered to take my gift card from Angela to Motherhood and bought 2 more maternity shirts. Then we joined Melisa and Trent at El Paseo for dinner.
Saturday morning we did some things around the house and David helped Kyle load up the big desk that was in the room that will be the nursery. My parents are letting us store the desk at their house for a while. We loaded up the dogs and headed to Ennis for the day. Kyle and my dad ran the tractors leveling out the yard for the old house while my mom and I peeled wallpaper off the walls. (They are fixing up their old house so they can sell it at some point and the wallpaper has to go so they can paint the walls.)
Then my mom's side of the family came over to have family game night. We all bring something to eat on and play our favorite card game of Murder. The game was a lot of fun and we enjoyed visiting but unfortunately it was very loud. The kiddos were running around and playing and we were all talking over each other. The kids loved playing with Ranger and Riley (especially Riley since she could play fetch 24/7) however at the end of the night Riley was a little overstimulated and had to go lay in bed with her Grandaddy. Around 10 o'clock we all cleaned up and headed home. It was a late drive home but Kyle and I had a lot to do on Sunday so we needed to get back.
Sunday morning I went to church with Melisa and Kyle stayed home and washed his truck. His truck really needed it and my car does to but we ran out of time. I went on a dreaded trip to Sam's after church. We hadn't been in probably 5 months (we are bad about using our card because their isn't one super close to us) and we needed to stock up on a lot of things.
Then Kyle and I headed out to run several errands and register at BRU. By the time we got to BRU I was tired and my feet hurt (I should have worn more comfortable shoes). The registering was fun however it was also very overwhelming. For anyone who knows me I can get overwhelmed easily because I play the "what if" game in my head. What if I don't breastfeed and need all kinds of bottles or what if he is picky and only likes a certain bottle or what if he is little bitty and needs preemie clothes or what if we get newborn and preemie clothes and he doesn't fit in them....See the problem.
I use to cry and stress out about packing for vacation and that was just a week. Imagine me planning for my baby and his LIFE. Overall if it overwhelmed me we just skipped it and I will talk to other mommy's or research it later. Sometimes we scanned things even if we may not need them. Kyle did a good job at just keeping me balanced and laughing and it really went okay.
I know I didn't register for enough things so I plan to register at Target and then go back to BRU with Angela to help me get the things I forgot.
The best part of the weekend was when my mom got to feel Cooper kick for the first time and Kyle FINALLY got to see Cooper kick. I have been trying to get Kyle to watch but he is impatient and Cooper is stubborn and it just wasn't happening. Sure enough last night he gave a really good kick that Kyle finally got to see. So exciting! I am more than willing to let people feel Cooper kick but up until now it is still sporadic and unfortunately he doesn't kick on command. Now as he gets bigger it will be easier for people to feel him kick.
I just love this little guy and can't wait for him to be here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment