Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a nice weekend, but boy am I tired. I am still trying to recover.

Friday after work I met my sister Melisa at a local consignment sale and found a couple of things for our little ones. We also got some good laughs and some of the outfits! Then Kyle and I met up with his parents to take their garage sale stuff to David and Jen's house. After dropping the stuff off Kyle and I went to pick up burritos from a new burrito place for us and my mom. I have mixed reviews on the burritos. I like Chipotle better but we don't have one close to us so we may give that place another shot.

My mom and I hung out playing words with friends and word warp on my itouch and talking. Melisa and Trent stopped by for a little while to drop off some things and visit also. Once it was time for bed we decided to let Riley and Ranger sleep with Babi in the guest room. They both did good and I think Babi enjoyed it.

Saturday morning we got up bright and early for our garage sale at David and Jen's. We had a ton of business and did really well. After the garage sale we grabbed lunch and relaxed on the couch for a little while. I even snuck in a 45 minute nap.

Then it was time to head to a kids consignment sale in Plano with my mom. We found some great finds. A couple of cute camo things, two cute dress shirts, and a couple pairs of shoes for Cooper. Plus my mom found some really cute dresses for Annelise and Mackenzie.

Once again we got up early Sunday morning for day two of the garage sale. Unfortunately we didn't have a whole lot of business but the weather was nicer and we enjoyed the day. We sat in the lawn chairs talking and enjoying the sun. Too bad I didn't think of sunscreen because boy my face was red that night and is slowly fading now. We enjoyed lunch made by David and then packed away the leftover stuff.

Kyle and I went to his parents to drop some stuff off and visit for a little while. We didn't stay long because we were both tired and had a lot to do at home. We got home and started laundry and knew there was no way we were going to cook. We decided to eat and chili's because I was craving dessert. Earlier in the day we kept hearing the ice cream man driving around but he would never come down their street. We (mostly me) were so disappointed and couldn't stop thinking about ice cream. Kyle and I shared the molten choc cake at chili's and it was delicious!!

We got home and climbed in bed and made it an early night.

We look forward to next weekend being more low key (I think) and game night with Kyle's side of the family since Tyler and Ryan will be home for spring break.

**I am so excited because a woman I know that has been trying to get pregnant for 8 months just found out she is prego and a woman who lost her baby that was just a few days old 9 months ago just announced her pregnancy as well. So many women struggle to get pregnant and become a mommy so I love hearing success stories. God's little miracles!!**

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity