Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy 3 months Cooper!!

My sweet little boy is 3 months today!  I can't believe how fast this past month went by!

Cooper you are growing and changing so much each month.  I just can't believe how big you are!  I love that you are chubby little thing!!


You weigh somewhere between 13 and 14 pounds now. Your next doctor appointment isn't until 4 months.  You are still wearing size 1 diapers, but you are ready to move into size 1-2 and size 2 diapers.  The only reason you are still wearing size 1 is because we are trying to finish them up. 

You wear 0-3 months clothes, but some of those run small and you have already outgrown them.  Last night Daddy and I washed your 3-6 month clothes so they are ready for you!  I look forward to dressing you in all of those new clothes, but I must admit I hate that you are already outgrowing some stuff because it is just so cute!

You are still exclusively breastfed and I must say that I am pretty proud of that.  My first goal was to make it to 3 months!  Mission accomplished!!  My next goal is 6 months, but to be honest I think I will breastfeed you until a year.  You seem to be doing great with it and I love that special time with you.  Plus it is free!

You are a really good eater (as you can tell by those chubby cheeks!).  You nurse at 5am, then have 4 bottles of 4-5 ounces during the day, and then you nurse at 5pm and 7:15 pm.  That is our schedule during the week at least.


I think you are a great sleeper!  At 9 weeks you slept in your crib for the first time.  It was hard getting you to fall asleep at first, but you ended up sleeping for 6 hours.  The next night it was 8 hours and since then you have slept through the night.  The hardest part for us was getting you to go to sleep on your own without us holding you and without having to let you cry yourself to sleep.  Once you fell asleep you slept the whole night!  We have only had 2 or 3 nights since then that you didn't make it through the night.  Your bedtime is 8 and you don't wake up until 5 to eat and then you go back to sleep for at least an hour.

To be completely honest your daddy and I miss having you in our room.  There are some nights that Daddy asks if you can sleep in our bed with us but we don't cave.  I don't want to mess up the good thing we have going plus I don't sleep well when you are in bed with us because I constantly wake up to make sure the covers aren't over your head or anything. 

But we do enjoy having you in the bed with us on the weekends after your 5 am feeding! 

 You still love your bath time!  You laugh and kick and wiggle.  Now that you are so active I have to watch you closely because sometimes you turn your head and your eyes or mouth get in the water.  You don't seem to mind it but it makes mommy nervous! 

You had cradle cap really bad and we are still trying to get rid of the rest of it.  I am not very diligent in getting rid of it!

Your nails grow sooo fast!  We trim them every Sunday night, but sometimes I don't think it is often enough.  We would do it more often but you are such a wiggle worm that trimming them is challenging!

 You smile so much now.  You have such a cute smile that just melts our hearts!  You have such a sweet friendly personality!  You are starting to do a silent giggle also.  And boy you love to talk especially when you are getting your diaper changed are in the bouncer talking to your birdies.

You have started hitting things on your bouncer and your play mat.  It is fun seeing you interact with stuff. 

You love to watch mommy and daddy do stuff around the house.  You "track" us or follow us with your eyes as we walk by.
 You still take your pacifier but it seems you really only want it when you are tired.  We give it to you when we put you down at night and sometimes in the evenings when you want to nap in your bouncer before bedtime.
At almost 11 weeks you rolled over and I caught it on video.  You did it several times in one day.  We laugh at you when you are doing tummy time because you look like a turtle. 

At 12 weeks you started daycare at Children's Lighthouse.  Your teachers are Miss Joyce, Miss Ashley, and Miss Kim.  You do great at daycare and they all love you so much.  They love to hold you which so far doesn't seem to have spoiled you.  Each day you do an activity whether it is playing with balls, singing a song, reading a book, or doing art. 

I drop you off each day and daddy picks you up.  I can't wait to get home each day and see you.  You usually give me the sweetest smile when you see me.  Each day you also bring home a daily information sheet that says your activity, when you ate, napped, and had diaper changes.  I look forward to reading that sheet each day when I get home.

I also love to check on you with the online webcam while I am at work!

Cooper as I said before you are changing so much and I love seeing you grow and learn.  We feel so blessed to have such a sweet, amazing little boy.  We love you so much and can't wait to see what happens this next month!

1 comment:

katie@tulsadetails said...

he's gotten so big! What a cutie!!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity