Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

  • My mom got Cooper this cute Halloween onesie and he gave the sweetest smile in it on Tuesday morning before heading to day-care.  This smile melts my heart!
  •  Have you heard about Pinterest?  Honestly I don't even know how to explain it because I haven't been on it but I have been avoiding it.  I have heard that it is amazing but also very addicting.  I have a feeling I will eventually cave but for now I am still avoiding Pinterest.
  • I am officially on the hunt for a Christmas outfit for Cooper.  I found one I like online at Osh Kosh but the closest store isn't that close (Grapevine Mills) and I want to see it before buying it.
  • Cooper fell asleep like this yesterday evening and it was just so sweet.  I had to snap a quick pic!

  •  The sound of someone opening a can of soda makes me salivate and crave a soda!  I LOVE that sound!!  We have a free soda machine at work so I hear that sound a lot.  It might be the reason I have drinking about one soda a day when I used to only have 2 or so a week!
  • Monday I am starting a 25 day challenge (or maybe it is 24 days) that continues to Thanksgiving day of no sodas and no sweets!  I have no clue if I will make it but I really want to try.  My goal is to lose some of this baby weight without dieting.  Because I am nursing I have to maintain a certain amount of calories so I can't diet, but I can eliminate the large amount of "empty" calories that I consume every day.  (I never should have bought 4 bags of Halloween candy that may or may not be half gone despite the fact that we haven't gotten to the trick or treating part!)
  • I must sadly admit that my goal of running in the Turkey Trot this year isn't going to happen.  I have slacked off in running since returning to work.  My evenings fly by and I just haven't made room for exercise.
  • Riley is doing okay with her leg.  We have not made an appointment with the specialist at this time.  We have just kinda put the whole issue on the back burner since she doesn't seem to be uncomfortable (though she does still favor her leg).  She does seem to find Cooper's pacifiers and chews them.  She has destroyed 3 and I have also caught her twice reaching for one off of the coffee table!  It is crazy what she can reach with those little legs (and put weight on her hurt leg).
  • And finally!  Today was Ranger's Day at day-care which we love!!  Today when I dropped off Cooper I saw that he had a twin.  The little boy that is only one week younger than Cooper was wearing the exact same outfit!!  (I blurred his face since I didn't get permission from his mom to post the pic!)  Isn't that funny!!  I love it!

3 comments:

Katie @ Modern-Day Family said...

Coop is such a sweetie! Love his Halloween outfit and the pic of him with his twin! So cute! Go rangers! I really hope they can make it happen tonight!

Erin+Josh said...

Cooper is looking GREAT! Love that Halloween shirt. I have been avoiding Pinterest as well... I know myself and I'll get obsessed and want to craft everything, therefore spending extra money I don't need to!

Maria said...

What a cutie pie Cooper is! I just love reading your blog, you've inspired me to start mine!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity