I am sorry for posting two times in one day. I think I have done that quite a bit lately, but I read something in my daily devotional this morning that I had to share. I received the book from Kyle's aunt and just started reading it last week. At first I was reading it at night but each night I think "that was perfect for today, I should could have used this message this morning." So I am not reading it in the mornings at work and hopefully I will remember to take it home on the weekends.
After talking to my dad yesterday I couldn't believe how today's message fit what I am going through and just had to share!
"I am leading you, step by step, through your life. Hold My hand in trusting dependence, letting Me guide you through this day. Your future looks uncertain and flimsy--even precarious. That is how it should be. Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret things. When you try to figure out the future, your are grasping at things that are Mine. This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebellion: doubting My promises to take care of you.
Whenever you find yourself worrying about the future, repent and return to Me. I will show you the next step forward, and the one after that, and the one after that. Relax and enjoy the journey in My Presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go."
The first highlighted part hit me like a ton of bricks. Not only is it unhealthy to worry, but it is actually wrong in the eyes of God. By worrying we aren't trusting Him. I don't think of it that way and it really opened my eyes. I can become consumed with worry. I think about the future A LOT and become consumed with the 'what ifs.' This is wrong and I need to be better at this.
I am going to try to follow the second highlighted portion. If I don't just relax and enjoy today then I am missing out on so much. I cannot predict the future or figure it out. I have to trust in His plan and enjoy today.
Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
This really hit close to home for me. Thanks for sharing. My husband is always reminding me to trust in God and not worry about the future. This was especially true when we were TTC. I can get so caught up trying to control things that are so out far of of my control and need to remember to just trust. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment