In red below you can see my update to yesterday's post-
I am having one of those days where I feel like I am failing at everything...
My child has been in his bed for over an hour and will not take a nap. He is driving me insane and I feel like a failure. I finally accepted that Cooper wasn't going to take a nap. I loaded him up in the stroller for a walk and he loved it. I hoped he would fall asleep but he was so excited to point out everything around him. He was a nice time outside and I got to do some thinking.
My house needs cleaning and laundry needs folding but I really just want a nap and I feel like a failure. When I got back from the walk Kyle and I continued to do laundry and cleaned up around the house. We are back on track with keeping things clean.
My dogs need a bath and their nails trimmed, and an update on shots at the vet. They really just want to play and want attention but I have trouble making time for them. I feel like a failure. After the walk Cooper didn't want to go inside so we played in the backyard for the dogs. We took turns throwing the ball for the dogs and Cooper climbed on his toys. It was gorgeous outside. I also scheduled Riley's checkup and nail trim for tomorrow evening.
I'm tired, fat (prego), and I need to shave my legs. I feel sorry for my understanding husband and I feel like a failure. I went to bed at 8:30 last night so that was nice. But 3 people have told me that my belly is getting bigger since I arrived at work today which I don't think is a compliment. I still haven't shaved my legs but hope to do that tonight!
I want to move but it is a lot of work and stress. I still haven't talked to a lender, put our house on the market, or figured out what city we want to live in and I feel like a failure. The realtor is supposed to take pictures of our house this week so we can get it on the market and we have found a potential home to look at. It is further from FW than I would prefer, but the price is good so it is worth looking at. Not sure when we will do that.
I have a never ending list of pressing items at work, my desk is a wreck, and I need to start preparing for maternity leave. I feel like a failure. I am making a to-do list and trying to prioritize.
I do not attend church regularly, pray before meals, and often forget to pray before bed and I feel like a failure. I read from my daily devotional book that Kyle's aunt gave me, prayed with Cooper before one meal (forgot on the other) and prayed while on the walk with Cooper. I have a long way to go, but I am going to work on it. Though I just ate my lunch and completely forgot to pray!
I have more things on my list than I can keep up with. And I am constantly stressed. I need to prioritize things in my life and concentrate on my family. I know everything will work out and get better but for now I just feel like a failure.
Kyle was home from Ennis when I got back from the walk and we got a lot done around the house. We made dinner together and made the most of our evening. I am still very stressed, but it will get better.
Thank you for all of your sweet comments.
Emily, I plan to look into that book. I just started reading a book about child favoritism that I heard is a good read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Dianna - sounds like getting all that stuff off your best helped you regain some perspective and work on things to help you feel more accomplished! That's a great inspiration to me 'cause I often feel like I'm failing when in reality I'm just overachieving and not focusing enough on why I have accomplished! Good job giving yourself a break and just getting on with things!
P.S. you're super adorable and not fat at all!!! A big prego belly is so sweet and I bet everyone meant those comments to be taken as compliments.
Don't take the comments about your belly to heart. I'm sure in their own round-about way, they were trying to compliment you and acknowledge that your baby is coming soon!! I know this because I've been that person that says things and they come out wrong. Smile, friend!!
Post a Comment