Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Randoms

1. I am so tired of being at work.  I am at the point that my body feels very sore at times. I continue to have contractions and they can be very strong at times and last a minute or so but then they taper off.  It isn't horrible, but I am ready whenever Casen is. 

That being said I am not doing anything (like the wives tales) to try to get him to come now.  I am not walking in the evenings, doing exercises, eating certain foods, etc.  As much as I want him to come now I am also okay with him waiting until this weekend or even later.  I love the excitement of not knowing when he will come...except the whole water breaking thing!  I did put a towel down in my car seat just in case : )

2. Monday when I returned from my doctor's appointment I found this surprise from my amazing coworkers!!



We also enjoyed this yummy cake!


The challenge was finding somewhere to store everything because with house showings we can't just leave stuff lying around.  But luckily we found spots and are excited to have all of the diapers, wipes, and other baby supplies!

3. Kyle's second batch of beef jerky turned out delicious. This one was a different mix and required 5lbs of meat which wasn't an issue but very time consuming.  This one is peppered and it is yummy!

4.  My friend Emily has recently started designing invites as a little side hobby/job.  You can see some of her work here.  She is going to design Cooper's birthday invitation and maybe Casen's birth announcement!  I love supporting small businesses and especially people I know.  I wish I had known about her hobby a couple of weeks ago when I was working on finding a bridal shower invite! If you have any needs check her out!

5. Here is a video of Cooper going down the slide last weekend. He goes down really fast but if you watch his face you will notice how it changes from a smile of excitement to a face of fear.


6. My coworkers gave a goodie bag for Big Brother Cooper and he got these two little trains.  He is OBSESSED with them.  We had to convince him not to take them in the bath, not to take them into day-care.  Yesterday as soon as he got home he walked up to me and asked for his trains which were in my car from that morning's day-care drop off.  He will sit and play with them for 20 minutes perfectly content.  I love hearing him make little noises and wonder what his imagination is doing!


6. This time last year I signed up for the Fort Worth Recyclebank rewards program.  It tracks how much you recycle and you get points for it.  Well since we are moving soon I decided to see how many points I had and see if I could redeem them.  Yesterday I redeemed some of my points for a $10 Walmart gift card!  I know it isn't much but it is a nice little perk for something we already did!

7. Finally here is a video of Cooper watching the Ranger game the other night before bath time.  I was cheering for Adrian Beltre and Cooper loved saying Beltre's name.  It sounds so cute coming from him.  We worked on the other players names too but I didn't catch them on video.  Seriously this boy knows how to melt his mommy's heart!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity