Friday was a very busy day for us because I worked a half day and then we had a meeting with our builder. Unfortunately Kyle was on his way to pick me up for the meeting and we got a house showing request (which is great), but he had to turn around and put the dogs away. We rushed to Midlothian for our meeting and then rushed back to FW to take Cooper to my in-laws for a slumber party.
After all of that driving I wasn't in a great mood, but I made myself get over it and we had a nice evening together. Kyle and I tried a hole in the wall place that has burgers and philly cheese steaks. We both thought ours were very good and would go back.
I got this sweet picture of Cooper during his bath time.
Cooper enjoyed breakfast on the patio with Mimi and Grandpa the next morning.
Saturday morning Kyle and I did a lot of stuff around the house and Kyle made his first batch of homemade deer jerky. We have been wanting to do this for a while and finally got all of the equipment (which wasn't cheap, but hopefully is worth it!). The jerky turned out great and passed the taste test according to the testers.
Then we went to a graduation party for Kyle's cousin Ryan. It was a nice get together with yummy food (especially the punch!!) and Cooper got to play outside.
Kyle's uncle cleaned off their old fort just for Cooper and he loved it. He did great going down the slide but man he went fast and after the third time he realized he was a little scared.
Sunday we headed to Ennis to spend time with my family. Their church was hosting a May festival with lots of yummy food and games for the kids. I got to hangout with my cousins and aunts which is always fun. Kyle did some work for deer season (yes, already!) and Cooper was in heaven running around outside.
He LOVED this train and was such a big boy riding it. We forgot a hat for Cooper so Grandaddy took him to Walmart and came back with a Batman hat and Spiderman sunglasses. I think he looked adorable and a little too grown up.
He got to ride the train with his cousin Adelynn
And with his cousin Quinn.
That evening he kept talking about Carsyn and Conner (he meant Quinn!)
He also LOVED the jump house which made me want to get one for his birthday but I am just not willing to spend that kind of money...I know I am cheap!
Maybe when my sister Angela's family comes this fall we can rent one to have at my parents house for a fun get together? It could be dangerous with all of the kids but they would love it!
We headed home that afternoon and we were all stinky and sweaty! We all took early showers and baths and decided to let Cooper run around in his diaper.
I was feeling very sentimental and couldn't believe how grown up my baby is! I love a baby in a diaper!!
Here he is showing me a gray block that he kept saying was b-uh-lack! OVER AND OVER again he said it. What is funny is that he knows that it is gray and was just being a turd. The next morning we walked out to my car and he says 'mommy's gray car.' Such a stinker!
At one point he was sitting in Kyle's lap and laid back like this. I couldn't help but think back to Kyle holding him like this at only 6 pounds. I told you I was feeling sentimental.
I love this boy so much I think my heart could explode!
And then he almost kicked me!
Our weekend was crazy busy as usual but it was also wonderful.

















No comments:
Post a Comment