Thursday, May 30, 2013

Weekend Recap

I took a lot of pictures this weekend.

Friday night we went to Cantina Laredo for dinner because once again Kyle and I were craving their queso.  Cooper was very good and we had a nice time.

Saturday morning my mom came by and we took Cooper to take some pictures for his birthday invitation and party...sneak peek to come.

After that we headed to Ennis to spend time with family.

Melisa's family also went to Ennis so I got to cuddle with sweet Tinsley! I got to play cards (after much delay!) and my Granny made one of my favorite meals of homemade Frito Pie! Yum!!

Cooper was so sweet with her.



These two were very busy and had lots of fun! I took 5 pictures of them in the rocking chair and each are blurry!


Sunday morning we went to mass early and then I headed home to get some things done.  On the way home I stopped to check on our house site and it looked the same as the week before.  We were told they might get the foundation forms down but I guess not with the rain we had.


Sunday afternoon we headed to Mimi and Grandpa's house for a cookout.  Cooper got to fly a kite and though it was a slow start it worked out and Cooper loved it.



The food was wonderful, the weather was perfect, and the company was great! We had such a fun time with everyone.


Monday morning we decided to get Cooper a motorized vehicle to play with.  He doesn't have any ride on toys and when he has been exposed to them he loved them.  Here he is checking out the $400 four wheeler...Mommy said no!!



He loved testing out this scooter and daddy was so patient with him (in hind sight we should have bought the $25 scooter!)


We settled on a jeep that was on sale for $50. When we got home the boys got busy putting it together. 


I had a very rough afternoon with Cooper.  He didn't want to nap, was very whiny, and we were just not in sync.  I had things I wanted to get done but Cooper wasn't having it and once I finally got over my schedule things worked out. 

We charged the jeep and took it to the school down the street to try it out.




After about 30 seconds he was done! Kyle showed him out it worked and Cooper jumped out saying 'I not like it!'  He spent the next 10 minutes or so throwing rocks in the parking lot before we loaded the jeep back up and went home!

What a let down!!

The good thing is that he has since decided that he likes it and is figuring it out.  Now we just have to teach him to steer.

The weekend had wonderful moments and very challenging moments, but overall it was a nice weekend.

For those of you wondering...I am still pregnant : )  and I made it to work : (

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity