Thursday, October 22, 2015

Grapevine Train Ride

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we took the passenger train from Grapevine to the Stockyards on Kyle's birthday.  It wasn't for his birthday but that day happened to work for everyone.  We dressed in our TCU gear and boarded the train.



Cooper was very excited and enjoyed watching the scenery.


Mimi and Grandpa bought the boys little conductor (or engineer?) sets with a hat, bandana, and train whistle.  Casen was so cute!! Cooper refused to wear his.


I mean seriously?!?!?!




If I hadn't already bought a Robin costume I would be dressing him up as a train engineer (I think it is actually an engineer) for Halloween.


Cooper enjoyed the whistle


Love these two pics of the boys with their grandparents.



Casen enjoyed waving to the people on the streets or in their cars. Funny thing is that sometimes we see this train when we are driving near my in-laws and I always wave.  Kyle thinks I am a dork.



Love this boy!




We walked through some of the shops, ate at Riscky's (none of us were thrilled with our meals), went to the candy shop to get taffy and then watched the cattle drive.





After the cattle drive we all re-boarded the train and headed for home. Cooper slept the whole way back to Grapevine.  If you remember this was the weekend we dealt with the stomach bug.

This was a fun little experience. The train ride is about 1 hour and 20 minutes each way which was a bit long, but I know the boys had fun so that is all the matters.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity