Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Weekend Recap


Most of our weekend was spent at the State Fair that I recapped yesterday

But Friday night we went to Carinos for dinner. This was my booth buddy.


And within minutes of being there he had spilled milk on me, stabbed me with a fork, and dropped his crayons multiple times.  So mommy needed this....some of the money goes to Breast Cancer Awareness so it is for a good cause :)



Casen and I shared penne with alfredo sauce.  I wanted something spicy because I always do.  But I was a martyr mommy (aren't all moms) and ordered something that Casen could eat too instead of paying $5 for something off of the kid menu that he may or may not eat.


Saturday was the State Fair fun

Sunday I got up early and went to mass with my sister. My parents kept all four kiddos Saturday night so we were kid free and I made her take a selfie with me.


At the end of mass they announced that the Knights of Columbus was hosting a breakfast so we went over to check it out.  It was delicious!! And the women's organization is hosting this coming weekend!


Then we both went to Walmart and did our shopping together.  We are kinda goofy but I am blessed that I enjoy my sister's company so much. Then we went to my house and unloaded my groceries and dropped off my car.  Then we drove to her house to unload her groceries before heading to Ennis.  Sidenote- though we live in a small town we both live outside of town on opposite sides so we live 20 minutes apart.

We picked up yummy Mexican food and ate lunch at my granny's before heading to Arlington. Don't we look like a fun group! We can't have anymore kids or Melisa will have to get a van so we can still go places together.


We went to Arlington to celebrate our great aunt's 90th birthday.  My granny made her delicious sheet cake and my mom brought Blue Bell.  Yes...you read that right! My parents got a half gallon of Blue Bell from our priest (from a fundraiser) and my mom brought it for us all to share.  It was delicious!! #27daysandcounting



All the kids wanted to skip cake and just have ice cream...smart kiddos!


This is the smile of a kid that had 3 bowls of ice cream and a piece of cake!!


On the way home MacKenzie asked if she could spend the night with Cooper.  We had no reason to say no so I had the big kids and Melisa got the littles.  The kids were pretty whiny from no nap but they still had a lot of fun. They played games, rode the gator, and ate more cake (I tried a new recipe). Somehow I forgot to take any pictures.

But we also watched the Rangers win their final game of the season and become the AL West Champs.  And now it is playoff time. And for those wondering I did not buy any tickets.

It was a great weekend especially coming off our previous weekend of being sick.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity