Monday, October 5, 2015

Weekend Recap (9/25)


That Friday I was home with Cooper because he was sick, but we had dinner plans that night with my extended family.  I hated to leave Kyle and Cooper behind but I really wanted to go to dinner.  Casen and I took a quick selfie on our way.

And for once we were early (since having kids Kyle and I are rarely early) so Casen and I played in the car while we waited.



We met at a little BBQ place between Waxahachie and Ennis.  A band that my uncle plays for was there that night.  We had tables out on their patio, ate barbeque, and danced.  The best part was they had a sand box outside for the kids to play in. Casen was in HEAVEN!!  The patio area was big and fenced in so the gremlin was contained.  We had so much fun and will definitely be going back with Cooper.


I was up through Friday night and Saturday morning because I had been hit with the stomach bug.  However we got dressed and headed to Grapevine to ride the train to the Fort Worth Stockyards with Mimi and Grandpa.

It was a game day for TCU so we wore our purple.




Well 3 out of 4 of us wore our purple


Mimi and Grandpa bought the boys train conductor kits and I am pretty sure this is the cutest thing ever.  I took my nice camera and have some good pictures on there that I will try to share this week.



Someone finally agreed to take a picture with me.


Cooper loved the train ride there


We made it to Fort Worth and walked around the shops until we could eat.  Unfortunately this little guy was running a fever and didn't feel great.  He wasn't asleep here but he was pretty pathetic.


Here we are with our candy bag waiting to watch the cattle drive.


And he asked to ride the bull but was very serious.


Then it was time to head home and this poor boy slept the entire time on mommy.


Saturday night was another rough night for all of us.  Cooper ended up on the couch and somehow Casen and I ended up in Cooper's bed. Casen woke up thinking he was pretty cool in the big boy bed.


We had a lazy day at home because we all didn't feel well. Casen decided he wanted to wear underwear (over his diaper) and was very proud.


That night Casen decided to have alphabet cereal...mommy wasn't happy and when cleaning them off I accidentally dropped one down the drain.  I wasn't thinking clearly due to exhaustion and the plague.  I was so irritated I just ran the disposal and moved on.  The letter could have been saved but again...I wasn't thinking clearly.


It was one of those weekends that had good moments but basically we were in survival mode.  And the sad part is that Saturday was Kyle's birthday but due to sickness and timing we didn't really get to celebrate...except for the train ride :)

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity