Our weekend started early because Kyle and I took Friday off to have a day together. The theme for our Friday seemed to be bookshelves.
First we took the boys to day-care and came back home to do some cleaning. Then we loaded up Cooper's bookshelf and took it to a friend of mine. I went to elementary with Abby and now she redoes furniture. She is going to make it look something like this.
Then we had lunch and headed to the mall area. We ran to several stores and returned some things. Then we went to our favorite store Into the West. We saw this unit and are considering it for the boys playroom. It could house all of their toys and a tv too.
We also looked for a bookshelf for our living room. We are thinking this one but possibly having it distressed by Abby. And funny enough while at lunch we looked at Pinterest for ideas on a bookshelf for Casen's room. My FIL made Cooper a headboard and night stand. Then he wanted to make something for Casen but I wasn't sure what. Then I realized it would be great for him to have a bookshelf. Now you understand our theme.
While out we got this funny message from one of Cooper's teachers. He is so dang smart!!
After our errands we decided to see a movie. We still had some REALLY old movie gift cards and we were excited to go to this theater because they redid the seating and now have recliners. Kyle and I loved it! We were like Beverly Hillbillies goes to the city. We hadn't been to the movies in so long.
However I am thinking since we are expecting a rainy weekend that we might take the boys this weekend.
After the movies we decided we wanted a really good dessert so we went to Chili's. We ate a light dinner and then devoured this!!
Saturday morning I started working on my picture collage...Yes this is the same one that I started working on back in April!! I never got it on the wall. But now I have about half of it on the wall...Maybe by 2016!
I forgot to mention that Friday night my parents had the boys for a slumber party. We got them back on Saturday after lunch. Kyle went to the ranch to work and the boys and I hung out. Then took dinner to Aunt Lusa's to play and watch the Horned Frogs.
While there we experienced a big first for us. Our first call to Poison Control. Cooper was thirsty and Aunt Lusa said there was water on the counter. Cooper grabbed a bottle of water and took a drink. But actually he grabbed the wrong thing and it was a bottle of rubbing alcohol!!! He started screaming and we had no clue why until we saw the bottle spilled on the ground because he had chunked it. We washed his mouth out and I called Poison Control. We were confident he only took a drink and then spit it out because it didn't taste good. Even then we were still all shook up. Cooper kept asking Melisa why she had poison. We explained that it was to doctor Mac's pierced ears but if you drink it, it is poisonous. Wow that was scary!
Mac wrote Cooper's name and then asked Melisa to write an accident report (like at school). Melisa might have added a little extra.
Sunday morning I got up early and went to mass by myself. But then I was joined by three pretty girls. So I made the girlies take a selfie with me.
And then we went over to the parish hall for breakfast tacos and donut holes.
Sunday we spent a lot of time playing. I tell you he LOVES these trains right now.
Then Casen and I headed to the grocery store for our little adventure.
He wanted to push the button.
And Cooper went on an adventure with Kyle. They went to get more things ready for deer season. So of course he had to wear his camo! I asked Kyle to take pictures. I know he didn't want to (because he told me) but he did anyway. And he got some great ones!
Seriously I think this smile says it all!
Love this one. I can't see his eyes but that is because he wears his hat like his daddy.
When he got home he had on his rain boots, camo hat, and camo gloves (they are winter gloves but he likes to pretend they are work gloves)
Well Casen insisted on boots, hat, and gloves! He things his brother is so cool!
Then we played a little baseball and OMG could he be any cuter. We are DEFINITELY trying spring baseball this year!
That night we got the boys dressed in pjs but when Casen saw Cooper in his mummy pjs he INSISTED (went to his room and pulled them out of the drawer and brought them to me) on wearing the same pjs. Again...He thinks his brother is so cool.
We had a really nice and productive weekend. Though I still have a long list of things that I need to get done around my house....always!



























No comments:
Post a Comment