Monday, November 7, 2011

Cooper is 4 months old!

Cooper I am amazed each month how you grow and change and this month is no different!

 I weighed you last week and you weighed right around 14lbs 13 oz.  Your 4 month appointment is in 2 days so we will know for sure your height, weight, and head size. 

You now wear size 2 diapers.  You still wear some clothes in 0-3 months, but you also wear 3-6 months clothes.  It all depends on the brand.

 Oh my goodness you look so big in this picture! Compare to the 3 month post

You are still exclusively breastfed.  We continue the schedule of nursing at 5am, 5pm, and again at bedtime.  You also receive 4 bottles between 4 and 5 ounces while at day-care.  You continue to be a great eater.  I still love nursing you and plan to continue however I have struggled with my milk supply lately so hopefully it is something we can work through. 

 In the past 2-3 weeks you have started spitting up a lot more after meals.  We don't know if it has to do with you being sick or possibly overeating.  We continue to try to tweak things to help with your spitting up.

 You kept rolling to the side when we were taking pictures.  I think you just wanted to cuddle with the bear because you couldn't help, but try to put his foot in your mouth.

You are still a great sleeper however recently you have been trying to wake up earlier but I think that is because you are sick.  We will get you back on track this week I think.

You still come to our bed for your 5am feeding and then go back to sleep.  We usually don't get to cuddle because we have to get up for work, but we try to cuddle on the weekends with you.

 Bath time is one of my favorites times of the day.  You love getting a bath.  I sing two different songs to you and you just stare and smile at me while I bath you.  I sing "Miss Suzie Had A Turtle" and a made up song (I am going to share with you just because I want to have it for memory sake, don't laugh!)

Remix to the beat of "How much is that doggy in the window?"

How much is that baby in the mirror
The one with the chubby little cheeks
How much is that baby in the mirror
Oh, how I hope he's for free

You have peed in the tub 2 or 3 times now but luckily it hasn't hit me or anyone else!  We also got rid of your cradle cap thanks to the doctor's suggestion of Celsum Blue shampoo.

You still suffer from a clogged tear duct that causes you to have a lot of eye boogers or your right eye crusted shut.  Some of it could also be from the cold.  You also have dry skin or eczema but with lotion it doesn't seem to be too bad.

You still love to talk to us and Daddy worries you will be a Chatty Cathy like your mommy, but I love to hear your voice so that is just fine with me!

You also recently started laughing out loud.  We really heard it clearly for the first time a week ago.  Then this past weekend Babi was doing the 'Hokey Pokey' with you and you thought it was the funniest thing ever.  You couldn't stop laughing and either could we! 

I think you are starting to get attached to me.  I have noticed there are times when someone else is holding you and as I walk by you seem to get fussy.  There has even been a time or two when you seem to lean towards me when someone else has you.  I love you that want your momma because it makes me feel special.  But we still want you to be friendly and enjoy being with other people.  You have never actually cried when someone held you so I don't think we are to that point yet.

 You really seem to have noticed Ranger and Riley lately.  You like to watch them run around and play. 

During your second week at day-care you got your first cold.  I hated that you got a cold so quickly but it is cold season and it was bound to happen.  You still have a cold.  Though you have never run a fever you have been very congested and have a cough.  At one point your voice also got raspy and it was the sweetest thing.  Luckily despite being sick you have been in a great mood.

On October 15th you were babysat by my cousin Mary.  I thought she was the first person to baby-sit you other than immediate family, but I just remembered that my cousin Erica watched you at home back before I went back to work.  She was however, the first person to get to drive you somewhere else.  You were great for Mary and she enjoyed getting to watch you.
 On October 28th you tried the exersaucer out for the first time at day-care.  They said you really liked it.  We are going to get the one at home out for you this week. 

Last week you played in your crib for about 30 minutes when you woke up.  That was the first time you entertained yourself before crying to wake us up.  You still woke us up with your talking, but I loved hearing it.  I would much rather hear you talk and coo than cry!

 I was trying to get your attention with a toy and I accidentally caught it in the picture!

You have learned to do so many new things this month.  You just started blowing bubbles, putting weight on your legs and standing with our help, bring anything and everything to your mouth, pull your own paci out and try to put it back in, and roll from tummy to back or back to tummy pretty often.

Your legs are constantly moving and kicking.  You don't like tummy time much so you haven't started pushing to crawl yet but it probably won't be long.  Daddy and I have a feeling once you start crawling you will be very fast since your legs never stop moving.

Once again your are growing faster than we can believe.  It is amazing how fast time goes by.  I can't believe you are already 4 months old and starting to get mobile!

Daddy and I love you so much and can't wait to see what this next month holds for you!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity