Thursday, May 26, 2011

Little of this and a little of that...

I have volunteered with Junior Achievement twice now.  I come from a family full of teachers and I taught Kindergarten Sunday school for 4 or 5 years when I was in high school.  I really enjoyed teaching kids and would love to have summers off, but I chose a different path.  Sometimes I wish I had chosen teaching like this summer when my mom and sister will be off playing with Mackenzie.  Of course this year I will get to join them while on maternity leave with Cooper a couple of weeks later.  But in reality I love my job and am okay not being a teacher.

Anyway the point of this is that I found out this week that my company is sponsoring a lunch for all of the Junior Achievement volunteers as a thank you.  It is at a local restaurant that is VERY yummy and expensive so I have only eaten their twice!  I can't wait to eat at the Reata next Thursday! 


Yesterday after work Kyle and I went and toured the hospital that I will deliver at.  There were about 15 people in the tour so it was kind of a lot but it went well.  I really like the hospital and all of the amenities.  It is new, clean, and roomy.  Kyle and I were able to get a good idea of how things will go down the day Cooper is born assuming that it is a smooth delivery. 

I have always had a feeling that I would have to have a c-section with my babies.  Maybe because my mom did, but also a gut feeling.  I had come to terms with c-section and just expected it.  Well lately I am really hoping that I don't have to have a c-section.  It just scares me!  There are pros and cons to both types of delivery and I try not to think about it for now.  I just try to trust that it will workout and we will do whatever is best for Cooper.

In case I haven't told you lately, I can't wait for Cooper to get here!!  I can't wait to see his little face and smell his sweet baby smell!


And of course as I said yesterday, I am very anxious for my doctor's appointment tomorrow.  It isn't until tomorrow afternoon so I know it is going to be a long day.  I am just so eager to get a full update on Cooper.  I love getting to hear is heartbeat, find out how I am measuring, schedule my next appointment, and of course find out if I am going to get another sonogram.


Happy Thursday!  Way to go Mavs on their win!  I am not a basketball fan, but I am still excited for them and for all of their fans who have been waiting for this.  I remember how it felt last year with the Rangers!  Speaking of, way to go Rangers for winning their game yesterday also!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity