Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pictures and Pissed

I wanted to share some pictures that I have taken the past couple of days.


Here is a picture of my glider completed. My granny did an awesome job!!





fabric up close


Here is a can of beanee weenees (I misspelled them in my previous post, but I just spelled it the same way it was spelled on the menu) that I talked about in this post

Can of beanee weenes courtesy of my MIL! She had this waiting for me when I saw them on Saturday!

Here are is a picture of the gorgeous balloon flowers in our yard. This is our second year to have them. Last year they didn't do great because of the big shrub behind them, but this year they look awesome. I just love seeing them every day when I come home. Such a unique color! Plus they are perennials so that is great!


Here is a nice up close picture of what they look like!



I can't wait for these guys to start blooming! These are garden phlox and they spread naturally (also perennials). They started off as 3 small plants 2 years ago and now look how many we have. I can't wait for that whole area to be full of them in 2-3 years. I will share another picture once they are in full bloom.



*********************

Besides sharing these fun pictures I am in a bad mood today. I feel pretty angry.


As I have mentioned before, I had a hard time dealing with trying to get pregnant and all of the emotional stress that came along with it. During that time I joined a message board for women trying to get pregnant and I became friends with those women over the past 14 months. One of the ladies that I met on there has been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years. In that time they have discovered some issues so she moved to IUIs and IVFs. After multiple failed IUIs and IVFs she finally had a successful IVF in March and found out she was pregnant. I was so excited for her because I can't imagine how hard all of this has been on her.

Yesterday she had a doctor appointment to get to hear the heartbeat for the first time and unfortunately there was no heartbeat. She now has to go off all of her medications and just wait for her body to naturally miscarry their baby. I am now devastated for her. I have been through a miscarriage and I know how hard it is to go through, but I seriously can't imagine how she feels. She has gone through so much mentally, physically, emotionally, and financially. And now she will go through so much more as she waits for her body to realize it is no longer pregnant.


It is so hard to hear this. I am sad and angry for her. It brings so many emotions to the surface. No woman should ever have to struggle with infertility. Even more than that no woman should have to lose their child. My heart aches for her and all of the women who struggle with infertility and child loss. I pray that they may find comfort and peace during this very difficult process.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity