Thursday, May 12, 2011

This week so far

Monday- Kyle and I had our second childbirth class. This one was better than the first but there was still a lot of fluff in there. Pretty much I just want to watch the videos and then have a Q&A session about how this specific hospital handles things. I think it could all be done in one 3 or 4 hour session. We have 1 more to go (technically 2 but we are skipping the last one).

Tuesday- I officially signed Cooper up for day-care. I am so excited that we found one we like and feel comfortable with. The people are so sweet and as soon as I walked in she recognized me and said that she was glad I was back. I filled out the registration form and paid our deposit. Now we will just call once he gets here and we know our actual start date. I am so happy to check that off of our to-do list!

Wednesday- I had my 31 week check-up. According to her scale I only gained 1 lb in the 2 weeks and she didn't say anything about it. My blood pressure and Cooper's heart rate were good. Then she measured Cooper and....he is measuring 34 weeks! Well my bump is measuring 34 weeks. This really surprised me because I don't feel like my bump has changed much in 2 weeks and I have only gained 2 lbs. However I have noticed Cooper is a lot more active which probably means he is bigger too.

The doctor said that at my next appointment if I am still measuring ahead we will do a sonogram to see how big he actually is. It is possible that because I am so short waisted Cooper has nowhere to go but out and that is why my bump is big. It is also possibly that he has a lot of fluid in there with him and again creates a bigger bump and me measure ahead. And of course it is also very possibly that Cooper takes after his daddy (who was 8 1/2lbs) and is going to be a big boy.

Measuring big is nothing to be concerned with at this time. However, they don't want Cooper to get too big so if this continues it is possible they would induce me before 40 weeks. I am not worried, but I am anxious for the next appointment to see where I am. If anything we would get a chance to see our Cooper again in a sonogram!


Last night Kyle and I tried a new recipe that I got from a blog and we both really liked it. I thought I would share it here with y'all.


Bacon Penne Pasta


Ingredients:

16 oz of penne pasta

1 cup of heavy whipping cream

1 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese (not grated)

1 lb of cooked and crumbled bacon

1/2 cup of chopped green onions (we skipped these)

salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

Cooke and drain the pasta. We cooked the bacon first and when were were about half way through we started cooking the noodles. Combine whipping cream and shredded cheese with HOT pasta stirring until cheese is melted to make a sauce. Toss pasta with bacon and green onion. And serve!


It was very easy and yummy. The bacon gives it a good salty flavor so we didn't add any salt, but I did add crushed red pepper to give mine a little zest!


Enjoy!!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity