Friday, May 13, 2011

Little Scare

Cooper gave us a little scare this morning or my body, but I was worried about Cooper.

I was about to leave for work when I went to pee and noticed a little bleeding. There wasn't a lot but it was definitely there.

I called Kyle because he had just left 5 minutes before. I let him know that I wasn't panicking, but did want to make sure things were all right. I had some discomfort the evening before so that was also on my radar.

I hadn't felt Cooper yet this morning so I decided to eat a granola bar and rest for a little bit in bed. If he started to move then I would wait until my doctor's office opened and find out what they thought I should do. If I didn't feel him after eating then I would head to the hospital and not wait on the doctor's office. This was at 6:20 in the morning and the dr doesn't open until 8.

I ate the granola bar and still no luck so I called Kyle back and decided to call the on call nurse at my dr office instead of waiting until they opened. In the mean time I decided to drink a dr. pepper and sure enough Cooper perked right up. There was no denying that he was alive and kicking. He always reacts to soda or sweet tea!

The on call called me back and said she didn't think there was reason to go to the hospital, but she would let my dr know what is going on when she got in and see what she wanted me to do.

At 9:30 I still hadn't heard from my doctor so I called and they told me that it was probably just some irritation, but I could come in and be looked at by the midwife if I wanted to. I decided that for my sanity, Kyle's and our family's I better go in and make sure things are okay.

They got me in quickly and did a physical exam. My cervix is still closed and no progress. Cooper is staying put for now. She didn't see anything else that was concerning and said that the bleeding was probably from stretching or irritation.

She then checked his heartbeat which was in the 130s and great. She also measured me and once again said I am measuring 34 weeks. I didn't tell her ahead of time that my doctor just checked 2 days ago bc I wanted to see if their measurements matched up. Yep they sure did!

She said that she measured about 2 weeks ahead with her second one and she was an 8 pound baby, but she had no problems with delivery. I hope I am that lucky.

I am glad that Cooper is okay and that my body is still planning to cook him a little longer.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity