I don't have much to talk about today so I am just going to ramble.
Kyle and I visited our second day-care on Wednesday. Here is our review of CL.
- Furthest of the 5 we are considering from our house and we have to cross 2 railroad tracks to get there. That doesn't seem like a big deal but these tracks are notorious for having trains and getting stuck. In fact when we were looking at this area we chose to avoid certain developments because of those tracks. I am hoping that we will be lucky and our commute times aren't a high traffic time for trains. (ranks 5 of 5 on distance)
- It is higher than we would like to spend but we could make do. (ranks 4 of 5 on expense)
- No stackable cribs. I don't remember if I went into detail about the first day-care we visited but they do have stackable cribs and they bothered me. (ranks 1 of 2- I don't yet know where the other 3 stand on stackable cribs)
- Security at front door to get into building and also a computer that we have to type in a password for Cooper to be picked up or dropped off. I love this added security measures (1 of 2 for same reasons above)
- Teacher was very sweet and had a lot of experience. We also met one of the two assistants in the room and she was very sweet. (1 of 2 for same reasons above)
- Video cameras in room that the parents can monitor from the internet for a monthly fee. At this place you get the first 4 weeks for free and then it is $25 a month after that. Once we feel comfortable we probably won't pay for this monthly. (1 of 2)
- All of the staff in the office seemed nice and friendly. The place seemed clean. Overall this is our top choice of the two we have seen.
*******************
Funny thing- This place gave us a copy of their sample menu because all meals are provided (which is standard for these places). I was reading through things like chicken sandwich, ravioli, chicken nuggets, and then I read Beanie Wienie!!!!
What the heck is a beanie wienie? Which is exactly what I said to Kyle with a disgusted face and gagging noise.
He laughed and said in a shocked voice "you don't know what beanie wienie is?"
Me still gagging and disgusted said "Ugh, no or I wouldn't be asking you"
Kyle proceeded to tell me that it was in a can like spaghetti O's (which I despise!!!) and it is baked beans and chopped up hot dog wieners.
OMG you should have seen my face! #1 I don't like hotdogs unless they are chili cheese dogs. #2 I HATE baked beans!!
Kyle was still in shock that I had never heard of beanie wienies and I was in shock imagining Cooper eating beanie wienies. I explained to Kyle that none of us girls like baked beans because my dad didn't eat baked beans and therefore my mom didn't make baked beans.
I concluded with "I am sending a sandwich with Cooper on beanie wienie day!!"
************************
After thinking about this more I realized there were quite a few items on the menu that I don't like, but that probably isn't a bad thing. It is good for Cooper to get exposed to other types of food that I don't make at home. There are a lot of things that my dad didn't like so mom didn't make so us three girls don't eat/like. As time has passed I have tried some of those things and may have discovered differently but in most cases I agreed with my dad and therefore don't eat them to this day. I can't help but wonder if I would feel differently if I had been exposed to them as a kid. Thanks a lot dad : )
A few of the things I don't like (the ones with the star are because of my dad)
- Baked Beans*
- Broccoli*
- Cauliflower*
- Cooked Fruit* (in pies, cobblers, cakes, etc) This seems to be the biggest one that boggles people. I have tried stuff multiple times and I just can't do it!
- Shrimp (it is a texture thing)
- Mustard- I can't stand the smell of this. I hated making sandwiches for the kids I babysat and it would get on my finger and then the smells just lingers. Yuck!
- Mayo
- fruit in my salad- I just want cheese, tomatoes, and cucumbers, maybe bacon or croutons but not necessary
- Runny eggs*-Kyle loves fried eggs that ooze on his food! I hate that oozie stuff. I don't even want my scrambled eggs moist. They should be cooked so well they are dry!
- BBQ potato chips
- Honey
- Bologna
This turned into a much longer blog than I anticipated. Oops!




1 comment:
Cooked fruit! Mike's family, and most people I know think I am crazy for not eating cooked fruit. I keep telling them I would much prefer a peach to a peach pie!
Post a Comment