How Far Along: 37 weeks! 92.5% through and about 21 days to go!!
Size of baby: Cooper should be about 6 1/3lbs about the size of a swiss chard. He is full term and his lungs should be fully developed.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 36 lbs. 2 more lbs this week. I am on track to gain 40 lbs total if I went full-term. I am surprised I have gained this much but with the swelling going on it kinda doesn't surprise me.
Maternity Clothes: I borrowed some clothes from Melisa because with all of the swelling my pants don't fit very well.
Gender: Boy!
Movement: Cooper is still very active. 'They' say that babies slow down at the end but I am not buying it. Cooper is always moving and the nurse even comments on it at each of my appointments.
Sleep: Sleep is okay. Not great and not horrible.
What I miss: my clothes, my normal sized feet, sleeping on my tummy and back
Cravings: Still loving my waffles and nectarines. I also love the M&M chocolate cookie from Corner Bakery that I had last week. I have been craving them since.
Symptoms: Still horrendous swelling and some tailbone pain but I am handling that better now
Best Moment this week: The arrival of MacKenzie!! I am so excited that my second niece is here. I can't get enough of that sweet girl.
Worst Moment this week: dealing with the swelling along with the stress from work.
Other news: I started having contractions Friday night about 10 minutes apart for 2 hours. Then I was so exhausted that I went to bed so they calmed down. I also had contractions Saturday night and off and on Sunday. We were so busy this weekend that I had a hard time keeping up with them, but I guess that just shows that they must not be too painful.
**TMI Alert**
I am sharing this because I want it for documentation purposes. I want to remember this for Cooper's story and for my future pregnancies. Sorry if it grosses you out.
I lost part of my mucous plug Thursday. I then lost some more Sunday and this morning. I have no clue if that is all of it or not. I am hoping that means Cooper is ready to make his debut. My guess is that he will be here by Friday. I think sooner though : )
This could be wishful thinking and I could be completely wrong, but that is my guess.
I must admit that I am getting very nervous at this point. I am so anxious and excited for Cooper to be here, but at the same time I am nervous. I always thought I would have a scheduled c-section that was at a set time and predictable (I am a planner and this sounded perfect). Now I am not so sure. I think Cooper plans to come on his own which is great, but not having a plan is hard. I have Cooper's bag packed and my stuff gathered (not packed), but am I supposed to take those bag with me everywhere just in case? How do I really pack when I have to get ready each day for work. I don't want the stuff sitting in the 100+ degree car all day, but I am still working so it is possible that I won't be home. Or I could be in the car. Should Kyle go home and get our bags before we go to the hospital or do we let him or a family member get that later?
So if you read that entire paragraph you are either thinking I am crazy or laughing because you know me and aren't surprised. I know I am crazy and an over thinker, but just being honest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment