Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Randoms

  • My Friday post is a later than normal because I spent all morning preparing for and teaching a training class to my group.  It was a lot of work but I am glad that part is over.  One more thing I can knock off my list to get done before maternity leave.
  • Wednesday a male coworker said "Man you are getting chubby!"  He was smiling when he said so I guess it was just a casual joke or something but seriously it is getting old.  I know that I am huge, swollen and fat.  Move on!!
  • I LOVE nectarines!! They never seem to be very cheap, but I buy them anyways.  I could eat 3 or 4 a day easily. 
  • For a while now I have craved frozen waffles and I finally bought some and ate them when I had time.  This past weekend I had them Sat and Sun morning.  I even mentioned that I miss not having a toaster at work (when we switched building 2 yrs ago they said they were a fire hazard) where I can have them at work because I am burnt out on bagels and cereal.  When I walked in to work on Monday guess what was on the counter.  A TOASTER!!!  The pregnancy gods heard me and changed my company's mind!!  I have eaten waffles each morning since then and I am LOVING them!!
  • I have been trying to drink more water since my dr appt on Wednesday because my feet are so swollen they hurt and even my calves, knees, and thighs are swollen.  (I am VERY limited on my current wardrobe)  I had more than 48 ounces on Wednesday and more than 60 ounces on Thursday.  I have seen NO improvement.  This just really sucks!!
  • When I got home I saw my phlox have started to bloom and they made me smile.  I only have 2 little flowers so far, but in a couple of days they will all be full!!
  • When I got home I also saw my husband putting together the bassinet and again I smiled!!  We are going to finish up everything for Cooper's nursery this weekend and then I pinky swear I will share pictures!!

  • Last night I went to Sonic for Kyle and I.  I tried the new Double Stuffed Sonice Blast.  It was a little too sweet for me so I only ate half of it.  I like the snickers or butterfinger better.
  • I love going to places that have coupons on their receipt.  I eat out a lot and I am more than happy to call the number or go to the website to do the survey for a free or discounted item.  Chickfila has started doing the survey for a free sandwich.  It isn't on every receipt but I try to fill it out as often as I get it.  Yesterday the Sonic receipt says to do the survey for a free Route 44 drink.  Heck yeah! 
  • I am exhausted after my training class and really just want to go home.  I am feeling a little irritable and I am tired of hearing every one's solutions for helping my swelling.  Right now I am trying to remind myself that in 2 hours I get to leave and see MacKenzie before heading to Dallas with my mom to see Carleigh and Carsyn in their dance recital.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity