Friday evening my mom and I went to Dallas to watch my cousins Carleigh and Carsyn in their dance recital. They were so cute and did a great job. I also got to see my aunts and girl cousins briefly so that was fun too!
Saturday Kyle and I slept late and then ran lots of errands. I was exhausted but Kyle did a good job of keeping me motivated to get all of the errands done. That evening we went to dinner with Kyle's family and I got to show off pictures of MacKenzie.
After dinner we got to go see Kyle's parents' new house. They bought a house right next door to Susan's parents and it is a really cute house. They are having to do some work on it before it will be move in ready, but it is already looking great. Kyle helped them with some yard work and I enjoyed visiting and supervising.
Sunday morning I went with my mom to church and then we went to Melisa's house to play with MacKenzie and see my Dad who came up to FW for Father's day. Then I went back home for lunch and worked around the house to get ready for Cooper. We did some more things in the nursery before running into a couple of roadblocks. We also cleaned up all of the clutter and packed Cooper's hospital bag. Kyle did a lot of cleaning in the bathrooms along with dusting and vacuuming while I cleared clutter and did laundry. We still need to do a bit more cleaning and organizing. I might take a half day this week to do some last minute things before Cooper gets here and we run out of time.
Sunday evening we went to see Kyle's family again. We had pizza, pie and ice cream. I skipped the pie and just enjoyed my Blue Bell ice cream! We had a nice time visiting, but again I was exhausted and ready to go home to bed.
We had a really nice weekend, but boy was it busy. The swelling limited me somewhat but we got a lot done.
Yesterday I went grocery shopping after work and got all of our weekly essentials. Then Jen came over and dyed my hair (It had been over 12 weeks and looked horrible!). I packed a bag for my car that has one change of clothes and a towel. I also put a towel down in my front seat just in case my water broke while I was driving.
I had some stronger contractions last night after dinner and before bed but they were 8-13 minutes apart and I was still able to fall asleep. However I didn't sleep well but that could be because of contractions, getting up to potty, and the loud storms that came through. (though I am very thankful for the much needed rain!) Needless to say I did not want to get out of bed this morning and my eyes were so swollen they match my feet!
Tonight I am going to pack my bag and I plan to put all of my toiletries in a bag each morning just in case someone needs to grab it for me. I also need to pick up a couple of things from Target at lunch and get some stamps from the post office so I can finish up my thank you cards. I have been a major slacker on my thank you cards!!
Now I will end you with this adorable picture I got yesterday of Miss MacKenzie!! Seriously adorable!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment