We had another great weekend!
Friday I went to lunch with two college friends Amy and Jodi. Amy missed my baby shower so she brought a gift to lunch and the gift included these adorable boots for Cooper! I LOVE them!! I just had to share.
Friday night we went to dinner at a new place called "Lonestar BBQ" with David and Jen. The food was pretty good and I loved the sweet tea! Afterwards I stayed up late watching the Rangers play into the 14th inning, but unfortunately they lost.
Saturday morning Kyle and I went to a local gun show. This was my first time to go to a gun show and boy was it interesting. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take pictures in there so I couldn't have evidence of the interesting people or interesting things I saw. Kyle was looking for something specific so we were only there for about an hour.
Saturday afternoon I got a pedicure with Jen. The pedicure was awesome an only $20! I will be going back again soon
Here is my pretty pink pedi! Notice that my feet are a little swollen. Swelling started Friday and has continued every day since.
Saturday night we went to the Ranger game with Kyle's parents and brother Tyler. It was very hot, but we had good seats, the Rangers won, and we had a LOT of laughs (pretzel incident). Yes you read that right! The Rangers WON and I was at the game! I have officially broke my losing streak with going to games. Now I can go to more games, but with the heat we probably won't go back until September or so for Cooper's first game.
Here is how swollen my feet were after the Ranger game that night. Yuck!
Sunday morning I went to church and then we loaded up the dogs and headed to Ennis. We helped my parents work on their old house for a couple of hours. I only lasted about 2 hours because of my feet swelling and the heat so I went back and rested while watching the Rangers win again! Then my parents treated us to Mexican food for dinner at Don Joses. After dinner we played a game of Canasta. Mom and I won!
Monday morning we got up a little early and headed back over to the old house to work. We worked for about 3 1/2 hours again and got a lot done. We ate a quick lunch and decided to head back to Fort Worth early. It was nice to be home to get things done for this week. Kyle and I went to dinner at Logan's with David and Jen because we both had good coupons. The food was yummy and the company was great!
Kyle spent the rest of our evening making lots of cookies and brownies for my coworkers!
We put these little goodies together as our "thank yous" for our baby shower gifts. So many people came to my work shower and were so generous. I hate writing thank you notes and still need to finish them up for my other 2 showers. So instead I cam up with this idea which I think people enjoyed getting a lot more!
I think they turned out cute!
I hope you all had a nice safe weekend!












No comments:
Post a Comment