Monday, August 19, 2019

Weekend recap and more

Our Saturday morning snuggles in our jammies -no makeup and my mouthguard still in :)


Then Kyle got to work putting together box forts



Chloe and I supervised because she was fighting her morning nap



Around 1 Cooper's friends Conner and Vincent came over for a nerf war. I went back and forth trying to decide if Casen should have some friends over but decided against it. I was worried about having too many boys running around the house and worried the older kids would gang up on the younger kids. Casen is a tough kid so I knew he could hang with the big boys. And they were so good about including him and not ganging up 3-1. We plan to invite some friends of Casen's over soon for another nerf war.

The boys had so much fun and ran around like crazy for about an hour and a half.





Mommy and daddy even joined in on the fun. Cooper told his friends 'watch out my mom is good. We have been practicing'



Then I took the boys outside for water balloons. They went through 6 packages of the bunch o balloons in less than 10 minutes (~250 balloons)









Then it was time for popsicles and cooling off their feet.


So cute and so funny


Wishing I had a pool about now...


Somehow they thought of bobbing for apples and I happened to have some so why not?


Chloe passed out with her daddy


She stayed injury free in our bedroom :)


Then the boys went back to nerf war until about 5.


Vincent stayed the night and the boys had so much fun. I am thankful for sweet friendships.

Sunday we went to Tio Tony's and Chloe sat in a high chair at a restaurant for the first time.


See those pretty little eyes checking out the table? A few minutes later she grabbed my drink and spilled it all over the floor. Its a good thing she is cute. Between the spill and a misbehaving little boy we were a hot mess.


After lunch we went to visit Aunt Jen Jen and Uncle David in FW. I didn't take a single picture while we were there but the boys had fun playing ping pong in their loft.

Then we were back home to get ready for the week.

This picture is Monday morning. I love how Chloe was trying to see what they were doing.


Monday night we did our first RE lesson that I had attempted a few days before. This time I was prepared and much more successful. Casen decided we needed snacks and Cooper complimented on him doing a good job. I really enjoyed seeing what my boys already knew and helping them learn more about our faith.





Snack was a cheese stick, beef jerky stick and fruit by the foot :)

Our first lesson was on the blessed trinity


Sweet girl looking sassy in her cheetah. Cooper was a fan and kept telling her how cute and pretty she looked. Have I mentioned his love language is words of affirmation?













I took these pictures of a dress from my granny that my sisters and I wore as babies. It doesn't fit her very well because it gaps at the buttons but still a sweet little memory.














































And Chloe tried on her new outfit. She is ready to bleed purple on game day! (her brothers have matching polos!! I will beg, plead, and bribe to get them to wear it a couple of times this football season.


Sweet girl is all smiles Thursday before school.


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity